Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visibility into Auto Attendants

Any way to see calls sitting in an auto attendant? Can't do an extension monitor or contact. Any other options?

Trunk test tool would work. Why would you want to see who has called in to an AA?

Comment

Situation is that our main number always needs to be answered by a person. Was thinking about using an AA as an overflow if too many calls came in. Problem is how to get the calls back that end up in the AA. It seems more like something a workgroup could solve but we want to give callers the option to dial an extension (if it's known) and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do that in a workgroup. Plus, we don't want to front-end the call w/ a workgroup since only one person (the operator) would be in the workgroup and they need to be able to address multiple calls because ownership doesn't want it to overflow to an AA unless more than 4 calls come in at one time.

So, if there was a way for the operator to see if calls are in the AA, they could at least do a call pickup from the AA extension once they've handled all the other calls.

Yes, it's strange but maybe someone has an idea on how to do this.

Comment

Interesting...I had never thought of using a Workgroup as an Auto-Attendant, but it sure looks like you could do it the way you are talking about just by setting up your options on the Last Step and setting the No Answer rings to 1. Of course, the caller may hear Music on Hold depending on how long you set the Time Until Next Step.

If you want to do this and still give the caller a dial by extension option, just announce something like "If you know your party's extension, press 1". Then transfer to an Auto-Attendant that allows dialing by extension and maybe return to the workgroup on a time-out.

Comment

I too would recommend the workgroup, but if you're really set on using an AA, custom software would be able to monitor an AA and pick up calls from it.

Comment

After playing around with the workgroup & AA combination that gberkemeyer suggested, I think we'll go down that road. Seems to be the only way to do it. Too bad there isn't a way to eliminate the "Please wait while your call is transferred" message when it gets sent to the AA but I guess we'll have to live with it.

Comment

There are two options: Transfer to extension and Go to extension. One plays the message and one does not.

Comment

Probably should have clarified. I was referring to the transfer from the workgroup to the AA for which I use the "Go to menu" option. Within the workgroup there isn't the "Go to extension" option anyway. I only see it as an option in auto attendants.

Comment

Working...
                X