Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Filter

I have added alerts in the Event Filters so I can be alerted when certain events happen. I have them going to my email address. My issue is that I do not get the event notification when they happen.
    I get email notification when I receive a voicemail.
    Can anyone tell me what I am missing or why this is not working?

I'm gonna guess that you use the Outlook plugin, and not VM notification.

Check your bad mail folder on the Shoretel server. You need to configure the Smarthost, if there is mail in there...

Comment

Shoretel uses the SMTP server on HQ (so the IIS SMTP server). They might be sitting in queue or blocked by SPAM. You can setup the SMTP server on HQ to smarthost to your internal email server (Exchange, for example) and that should eliminate any problems.

As it is a standard SMTP server, it'll query DNS for the MX & A records for your mail server.

Comment

We are using Groupwise for email and I am using VM notification. I get notified via email when I get VM. I checked the DNS and it is set correctly. I am looking through at our firewall but I would think if I am getting VM notifications to my email that the event notifications should work also.

Comment

I would think so too.

Comment

Are you using the same e-mail address for your event filters as your VM notifications???

Comment

Have you checked under voicemail -> options at your from e-mail address to make sure it is an address which is allowed to send messages for your SMTP server? If that is right I would double check spelling of the to address. Barring that check the SMTP folders on the ShoreTel server and see where the messages are ending up since that should help point you towards why they are failing.

Comment

Working...
              X