No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with one site dialing the hq site

We have 3 sites (HQ, Austin, Houston)

The Houston office can call us, but we can't call them...calls go straight to vm. When I try to intercom, the AA states I'm sorry that extension can not be reached at the time. The call handling is in standard mode, if no answer or busy go to voicemail and rings set to 4. I rebooted the user's phone and the houston switch and no luck. Quick look states the switch and phone is online. Any ideas? I plan to reboot our hq switches this evening to see if that does anything.

Thanks!

What is connectivity between the sites and what type of WAN devices are you using (router, firewall, etc)?

Comment

What is your bandwidth set to for the two child sites and the HQ in Shoretel?

Comment

between the two sites is a watchguard firewalls. a vpn connects the two offices. Everything was working for about a month until yesterday. I reboot the vpn devices, the SG90 on their end and no luck. 768kbps is the bandwith set.

Comment

It's the Watchguard. Turn off any ALGs that may be on for SIP, MGCP and RPC.

Comment

We ended up rebooting the switches at the HQ site and then they were able to connect to the Houston switch. Don't know why all the HQ switches were not able to talk to the Houston site. We used the switch ping util from the HQ site to ping the Houston switch and they were able to, but still no connect. Then decided to reboot the switches and that fixed the problem...hopefully it's just something rare that occurs. Anyone know how to send the switches a remote/scheduled reboot command? Already have the Shoretel server on a weekly reboot--it runs Windows.

Comment

randomly having the same problem between our three sites.

all three are using watchguard devices.

Chris, could you explain more about the application layer gateways and what they are doing to cause this??

Comment

After doing some more research, I think I understand what the ALGs are doing to the VOIP traffic. I will be doing some testing this afternoon and will see if I can reproduce the problem and possibly solve it.

Comment

deleted the ALG policy on the watchguards for UDP 5004 and set the phones to DSCPAudio 46 and DSCPStreaming 46 along with the diffserv setting of 184.

Watchguards are now set to preserve QoS and so far so good!

Comment

well.. That lasted a few days and now I am experiencing the same problem again.

Comment

We have had an almost identical problem.

We have 5 remote sites that all use Shoretel. AZ, MT, FL, NY, NV. Starting a few months ago, no one could call AZ. AZ can call everyone else successfully, and all the remote sites can call each other with no issue, but anytime any site tries to call AZ, the call goes directly to voicemail, without ringing. All switch connectivity is fine, lsp pings go back and forth without issue, one phone can ping another.
                      We use Watchguard Firebox X Edge for vpn/firewall at each site. No policy is turned on for SIP, MGCP, or RPC. Rebooted all the equipment several times- We've stumped our vendor pretty good. Any ideas?

Comment

well it seems like we all use Watchguard so I am sure it has something to do with them.
                        Once we set the Watchguards to preserve DSCP, and the ShoreTel phones to mark their own packets, along with director to mark packets, the problem only occurs every 2-3 days. Reboot of the firewall and it works again.

I have Watchguard support in the loop on my issue, and my ShoreTel vendor is supposed to be getting ShoreTel support in the loop.

I will keep this thread updated with my findings.

Comment

We are switching our VPNs over to Juniper, never did figure out what was up with the watchguard, hopefully this will fix the issue.

Comment

I have a feeling we will be doing the same thing soon.

I have had an open case with Watchguard support for over a month now and still experience the problem.

random, very random. sometimes it happens long enough for me to realize there is a problem, then it starts working again.

Comment

IT WORKS!!

We switched over to Juniper and the mysterious problem is gone. I'm curious why the Watchguard wouldn't work, but after more than 50 hours on it am glad to have it shipped out. Wonder what it'll go for on ebay...

Comment

Working...
                              X