Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with PRI failover

We have a site that has 2 pri's. if one of those pri's go down the shroetel system does not route that call to the other PRI or any of the remote PRI's. is there something i am missing. i need to make sure that if a pri goes down at any site that it will failover. all i get is a reorder tone

The user groups need access to the trunk groups along with the relevant COS - Call Permissions depending on where the trunks are and rules that apply (i.e. local / ld).

Comment

they have rights to both sites pri.

Comment

Check your COS permissions. Take screenshots and post them.

What number(s) are you trying to dial? Where are the sites? Where are the PRIs? One trunk group? Multiple trunk groups? What's the site bandwidth set at for Shoretel between sites?

Comment

Strange thing is that when we got the system up we brought up the remote PRI first. then HQ users could not call out the remote PRI just a reoder tone. they have rights to both PRI. if i remember right they could dial long distacne but not local. they are both in the same city just diffferent sites.

Comment

Unfortunately, to help you, more details are needed. Please see the above information. Alternatively, you should reach out to your Shoretel partner. You should have been sold a support agreement with your system and they should be assisting you with any problems.

This is a configuration issue. It's just seeing exactly where the issue is based on exactly how your system is configured right now.

Comment

Here is something that may help you. If HQ and remote are both located within the same local area code and HQ loses it trunks you will not be able to make a local call from HQ via the remote PRI to the SAME local area code. Long distance calls will be fine. If the remote loses it's trunks you will be able to make any type of call from HQ or the remote. If this is the case you will need to either write a custom dial plan or get professional services to do it for you.

Comment

Working...
              X