Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShoreTel or Partner support??

I would like to know how many organizations use ShoreTel's support vs partner support and any reasons for your decision.

We are currently using a ShoreTel partner, and would probably rate the support a 7 out of 10. Since installing our phone system, three updates have come out, but our partner hasn't mentioned them to this point. That's a little disappointing to me.

How is direct support with ShoreTel? Do you get timely respones? Are cases classified by severity? Do you download your updates directly from ShoreTel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    antsman

I am a partner, all of our customers go with Partner support but the big key is that the partner looks after them and is up front.

The Partner would provide the updates and in most cases complete the upgrade for you unless you are comfortable in doing so. To be honest I am not sure how ShoreTel support works for end user's.

Comment

For Enterprise support, the Customer is responsible for seeing that there is a new build, downloading it, and doing the install. What you get with Enterprise support is the ability to call ShoreTel directly, and have them tell you to read the manual.

Comment

Depending on what version you are on, your partner probably didnt want you to go through some of the bugs present in the new releases. Moreover, it is a good idea to talk with your partner and find out whats new, have him or her give you a pros and cons list of the versions. I like 8.1 and dislike 9.2.

400degreez

Comment

Depending on what version you are on, your partner probably didnt want you to go through some of the bugs present in the new releases. Moreover, it is a good idea to talk with your partner and find out whats new, have him or her give you a pros and cons list of the versions. I like 8.1 and dislike 9.2.
          So, what it seems like I'm hearing is that ShoreTel's direct support doesn't seem to be as helpful as partner support. Correct?

Comment

We have enterprise support and it has worked well for us. To my way of thinking, if you have "hands on" people with experience working with both network and phone systems then Enterprise support works. I go to the TAC when I have trouble that I can't care for myself. If you need somebody to hold your hand then Partner support may be a better choice for you.

Comment

In my opinion ShoreTel support has really dropped. If you call you get someone who tells you someone will call you back. Then you get a call back after hours. If you have the right Partner Support, you will get your answers faster and if needed have someone available 24/7. Enterprise Support will not give you someone to go on site as fast as Partner Support.

Comment

I agree that their support quality has dropped. I had an issue with a site having issues with the Call Manager not working, I wanted to call their support before doing anything to the VM server. I too had to call, talk to someone who was really just taking messages for the support techs, and then their support guy called me back.

He couldn't figure out the reason and in fact told me that he was more familiar with the switches and Linux environments rather than a Windows environment, I really wanted to say, "Then why were you the one who called me back when I stated the issue seemed to be with the VM/Call Manager???" (both windows based issues). I ended up doing a repair install and fortunately that fixed the issue.

I don't want to turn this into a b*tchfest because by and large, Shoretel's solution is great, but chances are if I'm calling support, it's probably pretty urgent.

Comment

Working...
                X