Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure SG50/90 switches

OK, I hooked the console cable up to an SG90 and could not get in. Is there a specific way to get in and view the current config?
    We have purchased some used equipment and I want to get in and reconfigure it.

Console in and use the 19200 datarate

Comment

Here's direct from the Shoretel KB...

1) Use a straight-through serial cable (aka Null Modem Cable), DB9 male to DB9 female, to connect the switch to a console PC.
      2) On the PC or laptop, start a terminal emulation program [hyperterminal] and connect to the voice switch using these serial communication settings: 19200 bps, 8 data bits, no parity, one stop bit, no handshake.
      3) At the ShoreTel login prompt, press ENTER to display the Switch Options menu.
      4) Type 3 and press ENTER to display a menu of configuration options.
      5) Choose Menu Options and follow the onscreen instructions for setting network parameters, including IP address, subnet mask, and gateway.

Comment

SG50V console login issue

I have connected my cable and i am connected to the SG50V. I hit enter and this comes up "BVRWH50V-1 Login:" .

I have tried the main logins for ShoreTel Director and the passwords i received from ShoreTel, but none works.

We have tried logins: anonymous, Admin, admin, administrator, Administrator, blank and none of these have worked. Any Idea on the login for the SG50V consoles. I have also tried just hitting "Enter" and it still does not work.

Thanks

Comment

The default settings should work on a new switch. They are:
          userid: anonymous
          password: ShoreTel

BVRWH50V-1 Login: is not the standard SG50V welcome. Then I re-read and see its a used switch. So its previously been configured.

The reset pin hole on front will not reset the IP address to defaults. It just resets the switch. KB10523. But I think this will reset the password to the default settings. (Pretty sure this is how I configured several pre-configured switches).

I dont have a switch next to me to test but try doing this. Then use the default login details.

PS. I guess it would be too easier to have a label on it with the IP address?

The bootchange and ipbxctl commands require the IP address for the switch.

Comment

login worked

Thank you very much. it worked with the reset.

The problem was that they changed the IP scheme in the server room without telling me.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X