Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spectralink 8030

I need to get a bunch of these running. i am running shoretel CR 10.0. I have the shoretel side setup for the spectralink 8030. i just need to know how to setup the phones and the tftp server. i am going to use solarwinds opn the shoretel server itself for the tftp server. just need to know where to go from there. please help

You will need to load 2 files to each telephone assuming this is a single site install via a TFTP server. I set up Solarwinds on the ST server loaded the proper files into the folder, you will need the sip_allusers.cfg and the sip_username.cfg. This will provide the phone with the configuration, sip proxy etc. If you would like some sample files pm me. On the actual phone you will need to configure the usual things, SSID, SIP username and password, security settings. I couldn't get them working without changing the admission control setting to "optional" as opposed to "mandatory"

On your ftp server configure option 66 for the TFTP ip address, this will allow the phones, once they receive an IP, to grab the proper files from the TFTP.

Comment

i have the phone on the wan

How do i get them to pull configs

i have a config called SIP_1711.cfg for extension 1711

can you take a look and see why it isnt finding a user config file
      Attached Files

Comment

The file must be called sip_Client ID/user name.cfg. not the extension # of the user. So it will pull the ip_allusers.cfg and then its specific user config.

Comment

will the spectralink 8030s allow you to have WIFI phones off the Shoretel system? Have you gotten them working successfully? Thanks

-=*Sharby*=-

Comment

I have installed about 16 8020's at a site and yes they work. They are not fully functional, but basic functions work like making/answering calls, transferring and voicemail indication.

Comment

can you do a pickup from these phones for parked calls

how would you program a key for that

Comment

You don't, when you have an active call press the fcn button, hit 1 or press enter, enter the ext you want to transfer to, press the fcn button again and transfer then ok. It is alot of steps but it does work.

I haven't found a way to program a soft key for any features yet. I contacted Polycom and ShoreTel , having a hard time getting support on these devices.

Comment

Originally posted by jmitchell View Post
                  The file must be called sip_Client ID/user name.cfg. not the extension # of the user. So it will pull the ip_allusers.cfg and then its specific user config.
                  But you should be able to use the extension as the sip client ID too, so I dont see why the file sip_ext#.cfg wouldnt work. Either way, I still cant get these things to work...

Comment

You can use the ext # if you like, just make sure the Client Id is the extension number and the SIP password is correct. I just sent you a working config for the SIP_username.cfg. Are you using a SVP server or straight Wifi?

Comment

do you need SVP

Hey everyone,

Do you need the SVP server or is it only if you want to prioritize the voice traffic on the Wifi network?

Thanks!

Comment

Depends on the AP's you are using. If you are using newer ones on their list then no, if you have older ones not on the list then the answer is yes.
                        Randy Wensmann
                        [email protected]
                        (408) 385-3485
                        www.btxchange.com

Comment

i can never get the phone to update the user with the proper port. If i set it to softswitch, the phone will register ok and i can make calls but the caller id shows as unknown. I have to manually set the IP Phones box to the sip profile. This works fine for a while but eventually the SIP id will change and the phone will no longer receive calls until i change the IP Phones port again. We have several lifesize units with the sip phone and they register ok. i have only ever had to set their port as SoftSwitch. This is really annoying. Any ideas? I have tried using the clientid and sip extension for the config file and sip profile on the phone. Both seem to work as described above. I cannot get it to set its current port. Shoretel support has not been much help.

Comment

You never need to change port to the SIP identifier, everytime you do this it eats up call objects and will eventually crash the switch that is handling SIP. There is probably a configuration error that needs to be fixed. Send me over your config files and I will help you out.

Comment

I was wondering if any one has run into the below issues with the Polycom 8030's:

We are having issues with the Polycom 8030's talking to the ShoreTel IP8000. They can call eachother, but only the IP8000 users can hear the Polycom users, nothing but dead air for the Polycom users. Any advice?

Thanks
                              Last edited by badkins; 01-12-2011, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X