Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IP230, IP110, & IP560 Phones Freezing

    Hi, we have a install base of IP230, IP110, IP560 phones and are finding since upgrading from 7.5, to 8.1 that our handsets have been randomly locking up / freezing.

    The phone is still powered on but the software itself on the phone has appeared to lock up hard and freeze all functionality. This is to the point where if you lift that handset the screen does not update, and no dial tone/line tone can be heard through the handset. The phone also doesn't respond to the #73738, or #25327 commands.

    A pull of the Ethernet cable though reset's the phone and after booting it is 100% usable.

    The freezes are random, and we have powered cycled all POE switches and servers.

    Just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.

  • #2
    How's the power utilization on your ethernet switches (wondering if you are close to the maximum and perhaps ports are getting a little less then needed)?

    Comment


    • #3
      Good point, yes had a look at that and we are all ok. Problem has only appeared since moving to the 8.1 release.

      We are using Extreme Networks POE switches, each port is using between 2.7, and 3.3 watts. The documentation for the switches advise they can deliver a solid 15 watts fo power to each port at once.

      Comment


      • #4
        Interesting... So we have a customer that has Extreme switches that has experienced a similiar issue, although it is only with IP230 phones (not IP265).

        What type of Extreme switches are you using? What version of firmware?

        Comment


        • #5
          We've also noticed that it takes about 6.5 days for the problem to occur.

          Comment


          • #6
            What is your DHCP lease duration set to?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cburgy View Post
              Interesting... So we have a customer that has Extreme switches that has experienced a similiar issue, although it is only with IP230 phones (not IP265).

              What type of Extreme switches are you using? What version of firmware?
              We're using a mix of x450 (non POE), and x250E (POE) switches.

              BootROM: 1.0.5.5
              Firmware: 12.3.3.6

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by aclements View Post
                What is your DHCP lease duration set to?
                It's set to 3d, 7h, 7m.

                I've also played with increasing, and decreasing these values. We still see the lock ups.

                Comment


                • #9
                  any update on this? Im running into a similar issue with extreme switches and IP565s sporatically resetting. No hardware errors in the server logs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We used to have problems with phones locking up too, and we are on 8.1.

                    In our case, I think the phones may have been over heating, and then locked up.

                    When we unplugged them, you could feel the backside of the phone was very warm. We actually had to wait about 5 mins before plugging them back in, immediately plugging them in wouldn't work, it would boot up into it's 'locked' state.

                    Our building would turn off the AC at night and over the weekend (in Texas, you need AC at night too). We'd come in Monday morning, and about 20 phones would be down.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X