Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receptionist issue?

I have a strange issue that was just brought up to me. Our receptionist desk is covered at lunchtime by several different people throughout the week. I have one person that when she is at the receptionist desk, she can see and retrieve her voicemails through outlook. All others cannot. Shoretel Call Manager is setup for the main ext. for all users when they login but I have this one person who can get her voicemails from her extension and of course all the others are now wanting the same thing. Well I cannot figure out how this is or is not working. They all appear to be setup the same in both Outlook & Call Manager.

Anyone have an idea here?

Single User

Does the one user have a roaming windows profile and the others do not?

It sounds like your one user's call manager is configured differently from the others.

Are the temp workers actually logging into the pc's with their own accounts, or are they signing in using the real receptionist's credentials?

Comment

Originally posted by eazeaz View Post
      Does the one user have a roaming windows profile and the others do not?

It sounds like your one user's call manager is configured differently from the others.

Are the temp workers actually logging into the pc's with their own accounts, or are they signing in using the real receptionist's credentials?

No roaming profiles.

And each user logs in as their own user account. I checked the setting in outlook 2007 and Call Manager and cannot find anything different or why it would be this way.

Its weird that they do not get their voicemails. I would think they would show up in Outlook since their main computer is configured for their phone and to send messages to their outlook account.

Comment

Does that user get the MAPI pointer or a .wav file? Also, do they (and the others) leave their computers logged on with Outlook running when they are at reception?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Learmouth View Post
          Does that user get the MAPI pointer or a .wav file? Also, do they (and the others) leave their computers logged on with Outlook running when they are at reception?
          No voice messages show up at all in these peoples outlook up at the front desk. Even if they have messages, which is why this is puzzling to me. The one person, she gets her voice messages up front and back in her office.

As for their computers being on or off, both. Some have them off and some have had them on.

Comment

OK, here's a few guesses:
            1/ Not all the people relieving at reception have installed VM integration.
            2/ The ones who have installed VM integration *and* who leave their Outlook and PCM running on their normal computer also get their VM at reception.

I have noticed that Outlook can sync the VM pointer messages back to exchange (I've seen these messages appear on my BlackBerry for example). Once that happens, any other mail client reading logged onto their account will pick it up.

Let me know.

Comment

Does the user have to have a license type of Extension & Mailbox in order to have Outlook integration? I noticed the person up covering now does not have Outlook Integration installed and the option to install it is greyed out.

Comment

Working...
              X