Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running PCM 8.1 on Windows 7 x64?

Has anyone been able to get PCM 8.1 to successfully run on Windows 7 64bit? I've tried straight up, compatibility mode, and XP Mode, and have been unsuccessful in each. The install goes fine, but as soon as I try to run the app, it quits.

Nope. I believe it has been documented that it will not work.

Comment

XP Mode (Virtual) works BUT there are a few things that don't work properly in XP Mode (Docking the application) and the pop up messages are in the wrong place. Other than that, I haven't run into any major issues with it.

Comment

And you're running 8.1 on Windows 7 64bit? I've tried it on 2 different systems in XP Mode (under Virtual PC) and I can get it to install fine, but I can't get the app to run. It runs fine in the virtual pc.

Comment

Anyone got this working successfully?

Comment

Upgrade to 9.2 client, it works fine (except for video in 64-bit).

Comment

Originally posted by jkerr View Post
              And you're running 8.1 on Windows 7 64bit? I've tried it on 2 different systems in XP Mode (under Virtual PC) and I can get it to install fine, but I can't get the app to run. It runs fine in the virtual pc.
              Sorry I missed your reply earlier. I can confim that I have Win 7 Pro 64-bit and PCM 8.1 working. See the attached image for a screen capture.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cburgy View Post
                Upgrade to 9.2 client, it works fine (except for video in 64-bit).
                What problems do you have with video? We are running 9.1 and I have it on Win7 64bit and don't have any video issues. If 9.2 introduced video problems, that would make me hold of on upgrading.

Comment

FYI:

You need to be running XP Mode (Virtualization). This is an additional download. Download Windows XP Mode
                  Do not confuse this with XP Compatability mode, it is totally different.

Copy the PCM setup files to a temp directory on the WinXP virtual image. I use C:\temp\ST

Before running the install, disable the Integration Features. This will allow you to install the software (But it disconnects the network). Make sure you install .NET too. I've noticed that half the time, the ShoreTel installer doesn't install it. If you don't install .NET, the PCM will not work at all.
                  After it is installed, reboot the VM and enable the Integration Features.

Now from the Windows 7 start menu, you should see a link to the application. I usually drag that to the StartUp folder so that PCM starts when I login.

There are a few "Glitches" that I've run into:
                  Sometimes with multiple monitors, the virtual PCM will not drag or move to the second monitor. For some reason, it works on some PCs, but not all.
                  Outlook integration doesn't work unless you plan on running outlook in the Virtual XP mode too.
                  The call notification popup box appears at the top left of the primary monitor instead of the bottom right. Not sure if there is a fix for that.
                  You cannot dock PCM to the top or bottom but minature mode seems to work ok.
                  There is a slight delay with the sounds, so I usually disable the sounds in PCM.
                  I highly doubt that the softphone will work, I didn't even try....

It's not perfect but it works. I will be upgrading to 9.2 this summer and can't wait to get native integration back.

Good luck.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Rob, did you install 9.1 under XP Mode, or straight up on Win7?

Comment

Working...
                    X