Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SG 230 Can not hit FTP Server?

We have a branch office connected via VPN to main office. Everything is allowed to/from VPN. The remote site has a DHCP server and option 156 configured. When i plug in a normal dhcp client (notebook) it gets an ip address and it's works like it should. But the ShoreTel 230's are having issues. They get an DHCP address and FTP server info, but when they start to contact the ftp server they can not reach it. I tried the ping util (mute + ping #) from the phone and they get no response from the ftp server. The notebook can ping it with out issue. seems like a switch/gateway issue that just affects the ShoreTel phones...has anyone ran into this?

When I assign a static ip address on the phone, it works.? But really want dhcp to work.

Comment

Ftp Dhcp

There isnt anything special about getting the information from DHCP vs static.

If you can assign the values statically, and connect, then you should be able to get the values via DHCP, and connect.

The information coming down via DHCP must be wrong, or incomplete.

Nothing else would make sense right? The ftp server doesnt know if you got your IP information via static or DHCP, and wouldn't care right?

using the laptop, you can ftp into the servers ip address and do a directory listing?

Do you have any sort of VLAN setup that could be isolating the phone onto its own vlan, creating a situation where there could be a routing/access list issue between the vlan and the ftp server?

Post what you have setup for your DHCP option 156

You must have some sort of basic level Network problem.......

1. Make sure you can actually ftp to the server from the laptop and pull a directory listing
      2. if you can, check your 156 dhcp setting
      3. If you cant, you have a basic VPN/Permissions/routing issue between the two networks
      Last edited by eazeaz; 02-16-2010, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eazeaz View Post
        There isnt anything special about getting the information from DHCP vs static.

If you can assign the values statically, and connect, then you should be able to get the values via DHCP, and connect.

The information coming down via DHCP must be wrong, or incomplete.

Nothing else would make sense right? The ftp server doesnt know if you got your IP information via static or DHCP, and wouldn't care right?

using the laptop, you can ftp into the servers ip address and do a directory listing?

Do you have any sort of VLAN setup that could be isolating the phone onto its own vlan, creating a situation where there could be a routing/access list issue between the vlan and the ftp server?

Post what you have setup for your DHCP option 156

You must have some sort of basic level Network problem.......

1. Make sure you can actually ftp to the server from the laptop and pull a directory listing
        2. if you can, check your 156 dhcp setting
        3. If you cant, you have a basic VPN/Permissions/routing issue between the two networks
        THANK YOU!!

I copied and pasted my option 156 string from one dhcp server that is known good to the branch office dhcp and figured that the string was good. BUT there was something obviously wrong. I deleted the 156 custom option and recreated it and it now works!

Comment

Working...
        X