Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor extension button blinking

Have a user that picked up a call from a monitored extension and was trying to transfer. Not sure what she did but lost the call (either parked it or something she does not know what she did). The monitored extension on her phone now continues to blink saying 1 call 3 days after this. We have other phones monitoring this extension and they do not show this. I have gone as far to completely delete her user and set her up from scratch and it still does it. The switches have also been rebooted since this happened. I can not get it to stop blinking and she is complaining a lot. Any ideas?

We recently upgraded to Shoretel 9.2

put tape over the blinking button....

(sorry, couldnt resist)

if she logs in / hotdesks to another extension, does the blinking button follow her? If so, perhaps she accidentally reprogrammed the soft button?

Comment

re

try restarting the IPCS and IPDS services and see if that helps, or restart the HQ server

Comment

Originally posted by aj1104 View Post
        try restarting the IPCS and IPDS services and see if that helps, or restart the HQ server
        just tried restarting those services and it did not work. rebooted the phone again to be sure and it came back up with the button blinking. i will try rebooting the server tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyZ View Post
          put tape over the blinking button....

(sorry, couldnt resist)

if she logs in / hotdesks to another extension, does the blinking button follow her? If so, perhaps she accidentally reprogrammed the soft button?
          i logged her extension onto my phone and it does not blink so you must be on to something. i checked her phone program options in director and it looks identical to others monitoring this extension.

Comment

after clearing it from that phone the blinking light has now jumped to someone else's phone.

Comment

This is a bug. The new build that came out this week should resolve it.

By the way, this most often occurs when the extension you are monitoring is on a different ShoreGear switch from the phone you are using to monitor with. Try moving the phone to the other switch to see if it clears the bug.

Restarting IPDS will not do anything as that doesn't restart the IPDS service that is running on the SG switches which is where this issue resides.

Comment

I would get TAC involved, this is definitely a IP display service issue, and if a reboot does not clear it you will probably end up there anyway.

Comment

Chris, I had not seen this bug yet, why didn't rebooting the switch clear the issue, that would have forced a reboot on the IPDS?

Comment

Originally posted by cburgy View Post
                    This is a bug. The new build that came out this week should resolve it.

By the way, this most often occurs when the extension you are monitoring is on a different ShoreGear switch from the phone you are using to monitor with. Try moving the phone to the other switch to see if it clears the bug.

Restarting IPDS will not do anything as that doesn't restart the IPDS service that is running on the SG switches which is where this issue resides.
                    moving the phone to the switch the monitored extension is on fixed it. I guess we will be upgrading again as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by blanning View Post
                      Chris, I had not seen this bug yet, why didn't rebooting the switch clear the issue, that would have forced a reboot on the IPDS?
                      the reboot may have came after this issue but i could have swore we rebooted the same day it happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X