Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Individual User Schedule

Is it possible to create a schedule for an individual user without placing that user into a hunt group? I'm not sure if ShoreTel allows this.

Thanks.

Please see the Personalized Call Handling rules in Professional Call Manger on ShoreTel 9 or later.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately, we are still on version 8.1. I just put in a request for the upgrade to 9 and should have it installed in the next couple of weeks. Thanks again.

Comment

FYI, when assembling a rule, you can restrict by time range and day of week, or both together. There is no setting for non-recurring (no setting that lets you enter a specific date) as far as I see.

Comment

Our schedule would be a recurring weekly schedule M-F times and S&S times. This seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. It's a wonder why we haven't upgraded yet. But at least now it's on the schedule. Thank you for your informative post.

Comment

Users can select a schedule for their call handling mode. The only thing is they would need an admin to build the schedule in director. The problem with the personalized call handling is it requires a Professional client license. It is a cool feature but we most likely won't upgrade all users to Professional just to use it.

Comment

Use of Personalize Call Handling Rules

I have had some luck with building rules for a pro call manager and then downgrading them to personal and still having the rules work.

Comment

That is correct. Professional CM is required for setting them up, but once set up, they continue to work no matter which version of CM is used.

Comment

That is very interesting, is this a bug that will be fixed once a user gets used to it. Or is it designed that way?

Comment

Don't know. The rules are stored in the shoreware database and are enforced by the switches. Since client type is stored there as well, it could be enforced in the future.

Comment

This is similar to the way work groups has worked for some time now, in that a user can be part of a queue without an agent PCM license. A system admin can log them in and out and get full work group functionality without the license, just not the PCM features.

Comment

One exception to that rule is if they don't have an agent PCM client, they don't have visual access to the workgroup mailbox. At least I think that is the case in 7.5.

I see your point but the difference is there is no rule that requires a specific client to to be a member of a workgroup, where the personalized call handling mode is only 'available' to Professional PCM users.

Comment

Right, I agree, I guess I was just trying to point out that ShoreTel has other well-known workarounds that they have left for some time, so there is not much historical reason to fear a fix in the near future that would render this use of Personalized call handling rules impossible.

Comment

Working...
                          X