Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM.exe crash when answering softphone call

I have a user that when going into softphone mode on the call manager will crash when a call is connected.

User is on call manager 9.2
    Windows 7 pro (x86)
    TAPI is setup correctly
    we have other Windows 7 users that do not have this problem at all.
    I have another laptop with the same configuration (windows 7, etc...) and when I log into his account on the call manager I don't have this issue at all.

the error says:
    EyeP Stream
    Unexpected Failure
    Program PCM.exe
    Version EMStream W32 5.7.20 SH
    File: EMWasapiBase.cpp
    Line: 445

I've uninstalled and re-installed plus blown out any remains in the registry. I'm all but formatting the machine and starting over, unless anyone has any ideas thanks...

Before you format the machine try unistalling any antivirus programs. Seen this once before and just disabling the firewall/antivirus didn't help, but uninstalling it did.

Comment

Fixed

I resolved my issue by making sure that i had the latest audio driver. I installed the driver, rebooted and bam! Problem Solved.

Comment

Having this issue too -

version 9.2 build 14.41.4603
        Windows 7 Enterprise 32bit
        Dell Optiplex 960

Tried updating the audio drivers to the latest version according to Dell's website and no luck - same error. Softphone seems to work though, the error pops up upon placing or receiving a phone call.

Comment

Ok, it seems that the error only appears when I am using a non-USB headset (just plugging headphone/mic into the audio jacks on the front of my tower). USB headset works perfectly.

Comment

Windows 7/Drivers

I too can verify this issue with PCM installed on Windows 7 (mine happens to be on a Dell machine as well). The issue only occurs when using the onboard audio device. A USB headset (Logitech, in our case) bypasses the issue.

Comment

I get the same error when my laptop is docked, but out of the docking station, it works just fine. Any suggestions?

Comment

I had several problems running on W7. I am on release 10.1. At the en I selected the "compatibility mode" option and set to Windows XP. No big issues now. waiting to release 11.1 to upgrade.

Comment

PCM Build 7.5 12.15.7800 SoftPhone error

When placing a call with SoftPhone or receiving a call, get the following error: I can click on ignore several times and the call and PCM are still active. Hitting abort or retry kills the call and PCM. PCM installed on my laptop w/Win 7 Ultimate 64.

Error
                  eyeP Stream
                  Unexpected failure.
                  Program: STCHost.exe
                  Version: EMStream W32 5.6.5SH
                  File EMWasapiRecorderThread.cpp
                  Line: 199

Contact eyeP Media with above information.

<abort> <retry> <ignore>

Any solutions out there?

Comment

Originally posted by HCC View Post
                    PCM installed on my laptop w/Win 7 Ultimate 64.
                    And attempting to run with ShoreTel Version 7.5? Good luck with that.

This is a small extract of the build notes that accompany version 10.2 build 15.41.6901.0 (the latest build at the time I posted this) it lists the supported platforms on which PCM is expected to run correctly

Call Manager
                    • Windows XP Professional (with SP3) (32-bit version)
                    • Windows Vista (Business Edition or Enterprise) with SP2 (32-bit version / 64-bit version)
                    • Window Terminal Servers on Windows 2003 (with SP2) (32-bit version / 64-bit version)
                    • Window Terminal Servers on Windows 2003 R2 (with SP2) (32-bit version / 64-bit version)
                    • Windows Terminal Server on Windows 2008 (with SP1) (32-bit version)
                    • Citrix 4.5 on Windows 2003 (with SP2) (32-bit version)
                    • Citrix 5.0 on Windows 2003 (with SP2) (32-bit version)
                    • Citrix 5.0 on Windows 2008 (with SP2) (32-bit version)

Nope, can't see windows 7 in there....
                    Last edited by ShoreTel_Dave; 08-19-2010, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X