Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAPI no longer working

Not sure that this is the right place, but here it goes.

I am wrote an app for a company to run their business. I noticed that they had a ShoreTel system, so I hooked into TAPI and allowed to dial from their application. Everything was good.

Then their phone guy came over and upgraded the system and TAPI no longer works. I mean I see it in Control Panel/Phone and Modems Options/Advanced, but the lines can no longer be initiated.

They finally gave me access to the ShoreTel server web interface and I can't really see what is needed to turn TAPI back on.
    I can't really figure out what was the previous version of ShoreTel system, but the new one seems to be 12.16.2700.0 (at least that's what it says on the Main Server Maintanance page).

I looked at the properties for each individual user and 'Allow Phone API' setting is off. Does it need to be on in order to have TAPI available? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Also, in the Licenses page, I saw that they do not have Shoreware Phone API Licenses. Are these licenses required for TAPI to work?

What else am I missing?

Regards

There are no licenses required to use TAPI. The Phone API is an API for displaying information on the phone screens.

Have you used a tool such as ExceleTel TeleScope to determine that the TAPI driver is indeed failing? Is this on the client or on the ShoreTel server? If it is on the client, are you certain that the correct version of Call Manager has been installed? How are you identifying the lines? If you're doing it by ID or by permanent ID, are you sure these IDs haven't changed? (Hint: you should be doing it by address.)

Comment

[Duplicate post]

I love the internal server errors the site has been getting recently...

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
        Have you used a tool such as ExceleTel TeleScope to determine that the TAPI driver is indeed failing? Is this on the client or on the ShoreTel server? If it is on the client, are you certain that the correct version of Call Manager has been installed? How are you identifying the lines? If you're doing it by ID or by permanent ID, are you sure these IDs haven't changed? (Hint: you should be doing it by address.)
        No, i did not use ExceleTel TeleScope, but I used a similar tool (plus in desperation I downloaded a bunch of others) and they all say that line so and so (typically gives the name of the line as seen in Control Panel/Phones and Modems/Advanced/ShoreTel Remote TAPI) cannot be initialized.

You mentioned that I might not have the right version of CallManager. This could possibly be true (just not educated enough to know). So this brings up another question: how do I identify the server version and how do I know which client version matches the server version?

Thanks.

Comment

Please check Help->About for the build number. Your server version is 12.16.2700.0. You can also check to see if the Help->Update option is available.

Comment

I retrieved the versions.

ShoreTel 7.5
            ShoreTel Operator Call Manager Build 12.16.2700.0

Do they match? If so, where can I go from here?

Thanks.

Comment

You might remove and re-add the ShoreTel TAPI driver under Phone and Modem options. Does Call Manager show/allow you to control calls? It uses TAPI internally.

Comment

Yes, the Call Manager does allow you to make a call.

I am there once a week, so I'll try to add/remove the TAPI driver then.

So, I am assuming that the client and server versions I posted match each other?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X