No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShoreWare Version, future updates

Hello,

First of all thanks for any information. I'm the Director of IT for my company and we have a ShoreTel phone system up and running with version 7.5.

Long story short, we are having an issue with our auto-attendant system. We have a service contract with an authorized ShoreTel service provider, but that contract has just expired.

We decided to not renew the contract at this point and instead hold off until this summer (long story). Our service provider has offered to assist us on an hourly rate charge to remotely reinstall our ShoreTel server with the latest version of ShoreGear. Here are my questions:

1. What is the latest released version of the ShoreWare Director

2. Is there a major update being released soon? I'm asking this to decide if we should schedule the hourly-basis remote installation ASAP or wait for the update

3. Is there any known issues related to the auto-attendant on 7.5 or earlier that has been fixed?

Thanks for any assistance.

Originally posted by aperson View Post
    Hello,

First of all thanks for any information. I'm the Director of IT for my company and we have a ShoreTel phone system up and running with version 7.5.

Long story short, we are having an issue with our auto-attendant system. We have a service contract with an authorized ShoreTel service provider, but that contract has just expired.

We decided to not renew the contract at this point and instead hold off until this summer (long story). Our service provider has offered to assist us on an hourly rate charge to remotely reinstall our ShoreTel server with the latest version of ShoreGear. Here are my questions:

1. What is the latest released version of the ShoreWare Director

2. Is there a major update being released soon? I'm asking this to decide if we should schedule the hourly-basis remote installation ASAP or wait for the update

3. Is there any known issues related to the auto-attendant on 7.5 or earlier that has been fixed?

Thanks for any assistance.
    1. The latest builds for versions are listed in a thread under the installer forum
    2. Shoretel typically releases two platform (10.0 / 11.0) releases and two point releases (10.1/10.2) in a year. There are also maint builds released in between.
    3. Impossible to answer this without knowning which build you are on.

By the way, you can't install any new build without an active support contract.

Comment

IMHO someone should look at the issue before throwing an upgrade at the system. It may or may not help. The latest version is 9.2 but with the experiences we've seen, I'd recommend 8.1 for now.

Comment

Could you also post some detail about the issue that you're having with your current version? Perhaps someone can assist with helping you resolve it without the need for a major update.

Comment

You do NOT need an active support contract to update Director to a newer release.
          "By the way, you can't install any new build without an active support contract."
          ShoreTel and even some ShoreTel partners want you to believe you need to spend lots of money to do anything, and that you must have ShoreTel's approval and/or blessing.
          I updated my install of ShoreWare Director to 11.1 tonight WITHOUT an 'active support contract' and without any problem at all.
          A better way to phrase this, Chris, might have been 'you will need an active support contract with ShoreTel in order to download the updated Director release from them.
          Of course, you could also just ask one of us for it

Comment

Originally posted by ShoreTel Maverick View Post
            You do NOT need an active support contract to update Director to a newer release.
            "By the way, you can't install any new build without an active support contract."
            ShoreTel and even some ShoreTel partners want you to believe you need to spend lots of money to do anything, and that you must have ShoreTel's approval and/or blessing.
            I updated my install of ShoreWare Director to 11.1 tonight WITHOUT an 'active support contract' and without any problem at all.
            A better way to phrase this, Chris, might have been 'you will need an active support contract with ShoreTel in order to download the updated Director release from them.

Actually, that is a direct violation of your software license agreement with Shoretel. Only active support contract customers are allowed to download newer releases and maint builds. Shoretel began implementing a function back in ST 9.0 or 10.0 that sends an inventory every time you conduct an update. Subsequently, they can cross reference this information against active support contract holders and find out if you are in violation.

By the way, you are also stealing from Shoretel by downloading and installing new updates without paying for the right to do. This isn't any different then seeking out warez for other sources to obtain a new version of Adobe Acrobat or MS Office or whatever program you wish to fill in the blank with.

It really isn't wise to boast about this on a public forum that is frequented by Shoretel, by the way.

Comment

Thanks, Chris, for being the stand-up guy that you are. We appreciate partners like you who are so knowledgeable about ShoreTel and willing to share in forums like this.

"ShoreTel Maverick", Chris is correct that what you are suggesting is a direct violation of the ShoreTel license agreement and is tantamount to stealing. You (and the other members/readers of ShoreTel Forums) should be aware that ShoreTel will pursue legal action against anyone found to violate the license agreement.

Kevin Gavin
              Chief Marketing Officer
              ShoreTel

Comment

Originally posted by ShoreTel Maverick View Post

Sooo what happens when you need to obtain licenses for those things that back in 7.5 are self audited, such as operator licenses, advanced call manager, workgroup agent, workgroup supervisor licenses? Now they are not self audited. You have to now submit a request for 11.1. Ya don't think they are going to catch on to what you just did?

Comment

As the licensing issue has already been covered, what's the difficulty you're having with your Auto-Attendant? I'd be glad to try to help you out!

Comment

Working...
                  X