Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShoreTel Headquarters Backup

I'm planning on using the ShoreTel backup script to perform nightly backups of our server. Any known issues with the script? How do you all backup your server? ShoreTel provided script, custom script or backup agent?

I have done it with the provided script in the examples folder. Then modified it to meet the needs as far as dumping it off to a network mapped drive.

Comment

how often do you run the full backup? nightly, weekly, monthly?

Comment

We recently started backing up our shoretel system with the provided hq_backup_all.bat script.

Seems to be working just fine, and I'm working on setting up a scheduled task to automate this weekly.

The one question I have is, how do I get this to overwrite the previous backup? The backup is almost 2GB, and each time it backs it up, it saves the backup to a folder called "backup" and then renames the previous backup to "backup1" etc. I would like it to overwrite rather than rename the previous backup. Otherwise, every few weeks I'm going to have to manually delete the old.

Thank you.

Comment

UPDATE: ShoreTel added another service and didn't update the script in 11.2 to included stopping this service.

It therefore caused the backup scripts to stop some of the services and not complete the backup as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by nmilot View Post
            We recently started backing up our shoretel system with the provided hq_backup_all.bat script.

Seems to be working just fine, and I'm working on setting up a scheduled task to automate this weekly.

The one question I have is, how do I get this to overwrite the previous backup? The backup is almost 2GB, and each time it backs it up, it saves the backup to a folder called "backup" and then renames the previous backup to "backup1" etc. I would like it to overwrite rather than rename the previous backup. Otherwise, every few weeks I'm going to have to manually delete the old.

Thank you.
            I recommend you create a scheduled task to delete the previous backups every 3 days or so. I chose 3 days because if a nightly backup doesn't run properly you don't risk deleting your most recent data.

Comment

There's a setting in the shoreware_backup_restore.ini file that you can set how many backups the server keeps. We have an automated task setup to run hq_backup_all nightly and it only keeps the three most current backups. We then have symantec backup backing up to tape nightly.

Comment

Do you know which service was added in 11.2?

Comment

ShoreTel-VMEmSync

Comment

Working...
                  X