Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Hunt Group Extension

I'm going to try my best to explain this witout confusing anyone. At one of our locations, we have a hunt group with 4 members. The distribution pattern is Top Down, and the No Answer Number of Rings is 2. This hunt group is for the helpdesk line of an I.T. department. In addition to the 4 members of this hunt group, they want a phone that's located in their server room to ring as well, however they want it to ring for the entire time that the call is hunting through the hunt group. The phone in the server room is an IP230. My initial thought was to program one of the buttons on the phone to monitor the extension of the hunt group. Here's the problem......when calls are ringing in the hunt group, the monitor extension button of the IP230 flashes, but it does not ring. I verified that the Ring Delay Before Alert is set to None. If I monitor an actual extension (not a hunt group), the phone will ring with no problems. It's only when I'm monitoring a hunt group that the phone does not ring. Is this a design flaw, or is there a setting that I'm missing? Thanks.

This is a pain to set up, but here's a way to do it:

Set up four hunt groups. Each hunt group contains one of the people and the server room phone. Configure them to overflow to the next group after two rings.

Comment

That's a great idea. So, I'd set the distribution pattern for each of the four hunt groups to simultaneous, but since it'd overflow to the next hunt group after two rings, it would essentially work in the manner of a top down distribution pattern. Great idea.....THANKS!!

Comment

I've noticed over the years that the behavior of monitoring hunt groups directly has been overlooked in new releases. Historically, you could do these. As new features are released, this one always seemed to get overlooked but once reported, it tends to get fixed.

I noticed that the behavior you mentioned is still the case in 10.0. We'll report it as a bug.

Comment

That would be great. These folks just upgraded to 9.2 from 7.0. We never tried it when they were still on 7.0, so I'm not sure which release this started being a problem.

Comment

change the button from monitor to pick-up

Comment

tluth1, thanks for the simple solution. It solved my problem of being able to answer a monitored hunt group extension.

Comment

Hmm.. I got something that's not related to hunt groups, but to monitoring.

Unless I have a button box attached to the phone, the monitor option doesn't ring on the phone. For example, a user is monitoring another user's phone. Without the buttonbox, I could only get monitor to ring or beep through the Call Manager.

Comment

Originally posted by tluth1 View Post
                  change the button from monitor to pick-up
                  Simple solution and it worked like a charm!

Comment

Working...
                  X