Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CallManager User Login

We have a conference room where we would like to use a softphone. My original thought was to setup a generic user in Shoreware Director as an extension-only user and have anyone who logs into the conference room computer use the generic user login. Does anyone know if there is a way to edit PCM or the registry so that any user that logs into our conference room computer will always use the generic soft phone user account for PCM? Thanks!

Please see the values under HKCU\SOFTWARE\ShoreLine Teleworks\ShoreWare Client

Comment

I did look into the registry settings and found some settings that I could change. However, it still prompts the user to go through the Shoretel setup. Any ideas?

Comment

I you are having everyone use the same user profile on the PC then once the user setup is completed the first time it should not prompt you again. If you are having your users log into the PC with their own user accounts then you will have to setup each user profile with the generic Shoretel user settings once.

There might be another alternative though.... What version of Shoretel are we working with? Also, is there a domain or is the conference room PC a stand alone device?

Comment

We are running Call Manager 9.1. The computer is setup so that users can log in with their own profile, but no changes are saved when they log off. Could this be an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by CJV View Post
            We are running Call Manager 9.1. The computer is setup so that users can log in with their own profile, but no changes are saved when they log off. Could this be an issue?
            That will do it.

I would suggest you disable that feature, have all the users long in and setup the call manager then log off. Once that is done you can re-enable form there you should be good to go.

Comment

Or you could use REG.EXE and add the following lines to a batch file...

REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Shoreline Teleworks\ShoreWare Client" /v UserName /t REG_SZ /d "GenericUserName" /f

REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Shoreline Teleworks\ShoreWare Client" /v Server /t REG_SZ /d "IPAddressOfShoretelServer" /f

REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Shoreline Teleworks\ShoreWare Client" /v Password /t REG_SZ /d "4cb9c8a8048fd02294477fcb1a41191a" /f

(password above is 'changeme')

and run this batch file as a Startup script for this machine in All Users

Comment

Working...
              X