Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E 911

Does anyone know where I add users to the system for the E 911 Emergency Notification system? I don't see it any where in the documentation.

Thanks!!

Are you using the built in e-911 notification (e-mail) or the E-911 app that professional services sells separately?

Comment

Are you using the built in e-911 notification (e-mail) or the E-911 app that professional services sells separately?

I think it is the E 911 app sold seperately. This was purchased and installed prior to my employment here, but it does needs need a client. The label on the application window is "Shoreware EN configuration 5 User Version 3.0.1.5" if that makes sense.

It allows me to add a contact, but I am not clear if I even need to do that to use the client, of if the contact calls the number listed for the contact. Our reseller who did some of this is more than a little difficult to nail down on this.

Thank!

Comment

I think it is the E 911 app sold seperately. This was purchased and installed prior to my employment here, but it does needs need a client. The label on the application window is "Shoreware EN configuration 5 User Version 3.0.1.5" if that makes sense.

It allows me to add a contact, but I am not clear if I even need to do that to use the client, of if the contact calls the number listed for the contact. Our reseller who did some of this is more than a little difficult to nail down on this.

Thank!

Comment

Okay, that is the seperate Enhanced E-911 application. In order to have it contact another person in the event of an emergency there are two things that you need to do. First you need to log in to the HQ server and find the configuration utility for the software. This will allow you to add another person to the list and specify an extension for them. The second part is to install the client on their machine and point it back to the HQ server, this provides the desktop notification.

Be sure to test everything when you are done to ensure you, and the user, know how it will work before an emergency come along.

Comment

Thank Bill!! Kinda what I thought but without documentation wasn't sure.

Appreciate the help.

Comment

I know that this has sat for while but it got back burnered while I waded through some issues with QoS and the phones not tagging their packet EF. But any way back to E911. I added myself as a contact along with my number, I entered the username the same as it is in Shoretel Director along with my extension. It started the app and logged me in with and I show up as a client but where it shows contacts it doesn't show any status. Should this ask for a username to log in or what is looking at to log me in?

I also setup a dummy number, my cell phone in the emergency numbers for testing purposes. I called the number and nothing. Is there a log this should show in?

Something isn't right, what am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by upnorth View Post
                I know that this has sat for while but it got back burnered while I waded through some issues with QoS and the phones not tagging their packet EF. But any way back to E911. I added myself as a contact along with my number, I entered the username the same as it is in Shoretel Director along with my extension. It started the app and logged me in with and I show up as a client but where it shows contacts it doesn't show any status. Should this ask for a username to log in or what is looking at to log me in?

I also setup a dummy number, my cell phone in the emergency numbers for testing purposes. I called the number and nothing. Is there a log this should show in?

Something isn't right, what am I missing?
                The status field for the contact number is normally blank. A couple of questions. Did you enter the dial access code when you set up the contact, and is the enabled field checked for the contact? When the route point for the E911 app is dialed it should pop a CODE BLUE screen on the pc where the client is installed and place a call to any enabled contacts that have been set up on the server.

Comment

OK now I am on the right track. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                  X