Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running PC through 230G - good / bad experiences?

Due to a lack of dataports we are going to run some of our users PCs thru ShoreTel 230G phones. Is this a bad idea? Any known issues?

We run all of our computers through IP560's without any issues at all. The ports on the back of the phone are just a switch, so its actually no different than plugging you computer into another switch.

Comment

We've been running all of out Gigabit PC's through our 230's for a year now with no issues.

Comment

We are running IP560Gs over gig to our desktops - no issues.

Comment

We've been running our PCs through 230g phones for the last six months and haven't had any ill side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by clearfield View Post
            We've been running all of out Gigabit PC's through our 230's for a year now with no issues.

I'm not sure if the bold Gigabit was directed at me or not, so if it was, I was simply stating that the ports in the shoretel phones are a switch, there is no ill affects to be had because it is just a switch, a dumb switch at that. The only real issue you could have is if the switch went bad, but if that happened then the phone would be bad. The only issue I have with the computers going through the phone is that when the phone has to be rebooted you are without a network connection for a good 3-4 minutes, 5-10 minutes for a phone upgrade.

Comment

great, thanks for the responses!

Comment

Working...
              X