Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset all phones?

Is there a way to reset all the phones at all sites?

My organization has 30 sites with a total of 51 phone switches. We are getting in the process of changing the phones background monthly. I am hoping there is a easier way of rebooting all the phones than going switch by switch, selecting all the phones, and executing a reset. I am fine doing this from the command line if there is a way.

Thanks

Please see this post and the next one. These commands could be scripted into a batch file or WSH script easily.

http://www.shoretelforums.com/forums....html#post5874

Comment

I ended up making the following VB.Net application to reboot all the phones in a ShoreTel environment.
      PHREB.exe and ScriptingTelnet.dll must be placed in the '%ProgramFiles%\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server' directory so that it has access to the phonectl.exe utility.
      Code:
      PHone REBooter for ShoreTel v0.9 By Colt Boyd
      ***PHREB must be run locally on the ShoreTel server***
      Syntax: phreb.exe -pw 1234 [options]

Options:
      -?   This help screen
      -pw  Phone password (default is 1234) - This must be provided
      -rnd Reboot phones in random order - If not used phones will be rebooted in the order they are listed in the database
      -dbp MySQL DB Port (Default is 4308 if not defined)
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to create, upload and explain your utility. I just uploaded to a 11.2 ShoreWare server demo kit and placed the phreb.exe and ScriptingTelnet.dll in the required directory. When executed, I get this error:

C:\Program Files\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server>phreb -pw 1234

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or ass
        embly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c56193
        4e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
        File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c
        561934e089'
        at PHREB.Module1.Main()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
        To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\M
        icrosoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
        Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure lo
        gging.
        To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fus
        ion!EnableLog].

Comment

You should ensure you have the Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 installed.

Comment

Working...
          X