Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delegation of Call Handling Mode

Is there any way to do a batch update of call handling mode delegation settings for all users. We'd like to give the receptionist the ability to change the call handling mode for everyone in the company. Right now, the only way I can seem to do it is to go into each user's personal options, then click on delegation. It works, but it's taking a lot of time!

[Tested on 9.1] Place the following code in ChangeCHM.js on the ShoreTel server. Replace 110 with the user to modify and 111,114 with a comma-separated list of extensions to delegate to.

var ctl = new ActiveXObject("ShoreBusDS.CallHandlingModes");
    ctl.UpdateCHMDelegation("110", "111,114");

(I'll leave it to you to figure out how to automate this from a list. Note you can repeat that second line as many times as you wish, so you could just make a script file that updates all your extensions at once)

Comment

That's awesome and super simple. Where do you get the documentation on ActiveX Objects for Shoretel? I'd like to do some of these things on my own without having to post to the forum each time.

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
      [Tested on 9.1] Place the following code in ChangeCHM.js on the ShoreTel server. Replace 110 with the user to modify and 111,114 with a comma-separated list of extensions to delegate to.

var ctl = new ActiveXObject("ShoreBusDS.CallHandlingModes");
      ctl.UpdateCHMDelegation("110", "111,114");

(I'll leave it to you to figure out how to automate this from a list. Note you can repeat that second line as many times as you wish, so you could just make a script file that updates all your extensions at once)

Comment

There is no documentation. I'm a programmer and this is all reverse engineered.

Comment

Well, IMHO you're a very good programmer and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with the forum. You should write a book - I'd buy it!

Comment

Working...
          X