Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Phone's IP Address?

What is the easiest method to find out what a phone's IP address is? We have ShoreTel 230's in our org.

Is there a sequence of keys I can punch?

Thanks,

Greg

mute 4636# or look at ip phones in director.

Comment

Doesn't work?

Originally posted by Miersk View Post
      mute 4636# or look at ip phones in director.
      Thanks, however, with the phone on hook, I press mute 4636# and get "that extension is not valid."

What am I missing?

Comment

Works fine on my 230s. You're certain you pressed Mute (Middle clear button by the handset, above speaker, below headset) and that the phone was on hook?

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
          Works fine on my 230s. You're certain you pressed Mute (Middle clear button by the handset, above speaker, below headset) and that the phone was on hook?
          Thanks, i'm extra double sure. None of the codes people have suggested on here work. The phone thinks I'm trying to make a call. I don't have a headset or anything, just the plain phone. I'll have to call my vendor. It's like I'm in administrative lockout mode or something.

We are on 7.5 at present.

I went to another phone and it worked as intended so obviously it's programming or something I've done to my phone.
          Last edited by iflyvfr; 12-02-2009, 09:10 AM. Reason: updated info

Comment

Dumb question, but does the Mute key work at all on your phone? Sounds like a bad phone.

Comment

Not a dumb question at all. But I tested it and it works fine. Had me worried there a moment as I use it frequently during conf. calls and webinars.

Comment

When you press Mute with the phone on hook does it light? if it does maybe the button under the hand set (Hook) is not depressing all the way. I don't know of any way to block access to the MUTE-INFO# function

g

Comment

Working...
                X