Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Director Not Allowing Changes

Just thought I'd check and see if anyone has some suggestions before I really dig in and try to resolve this myself.

ShoreTel 9.1

On my test system, Director has begun (just today) displaying a message "You may not modify the configuration database. Some required ShoreTel services are not running." I have
    • Restarted the machine.
    • Ensured that all the ShoreWare services and MySQL are started.
    • Ensured that ShoreWare COM+ application is started under Component Services.

but the message is still displayed at the top of every Workgroup, Route Point, Hunt Group, User, etc. What else should I check?

MySQL Service

Comment

So we've seen this on and off over the past couple years. Usually an upgrade, repair or reinstall resolves it. Odd.

Comment

Miersk: I had checked that already.
        Chris: Sadly, I did a repair and this did nothing. I think I'll be stuck reverse-engineering the code to figure out why, or just blowing it away and starting over. I could upgrade to 9.2 or try an uninstall/reinstall, I suppose.

Comment

Had the same issue recently, do a complete uninstall and then reinstall fixed the problem for me. I had tried a repair and same issue.

Comment

have your verified the ip address in the registry?

Comment

I agree with Miersk's idea. I have found lately that if I do an install without having the ethernet cable plugged in, even though the address is hard-coded, it will throw an error sometimes and not let you change the config.

Comment

I chose to do a complete uninstall and reinstall yesterday, which resolved the problem.

Comment

for anyone curious, the registry key is

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SHORELINETELEWORKS\HQ ServerAddress

This must be set to your HQ IP in ShoreTel 8.0 or higher, or you can have a wide range of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Miersk View Post
                    for anyone curious, the registry key is

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SHORELINETELEWORKS\HQ ServerAddress

This must be set to your HQ IP in ShoreTel 8.0 or higher, or you can have a wide range of problems.
                    Yes this can be a tricky one. I too have found that if I install without a network cable plugged in that this registry gets set to 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...
                    X