Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakerphone and Full Duplex

OK, I am very confused. We have 265 phones and a bard new Cat 6+ network with a new gig backbone and we have some weird issues when calling speakerphone to speakerphone. It appears NOT to be full duplex as Shoretel states on their phone specs. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? When a person is speaking while someone else is speaking it cuts out one of the people. You CANNOT hear both users at the same time on speakerphone. If one person picks up the handset then everything is fine, but when BOTH users are on speakerphone it appears to be one way voice path. Any ideas??

-Wes

We have some of the same issues. What phones are you using? IP230 by chance?

Comment

It is a codec issue. See the previous discussion threads of creating a custom codec list for Shoretel 8.X or newer. Shoretel changed the default codec behavior starting in 8.0.

I posted the custom codec list we implement on all of our customer's systems and on our own.

Comment

It is happening on the 230's AND the 265's. If you could put the codecs you are using that would be great! Here is what we are using for IntraSite calls:

PCMU/8000
        G729/8000
        L16/8000

In that order. Is that correct?

-Wes

Comment

Working...
        X