Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on consolidating two separate systems

I currently have 2 separate Shoretel systems that I want to consolidate into one system. I need to transfer all the dialing rules, hunt groups, users, trunks, etc from both systems into a single system. Does anyone know if this is possible. I really don't want to have to manually reconfigure thousands of settings.

Thanks in advance for any info you may have.

This could be done by taking both the databases and merging them. This will be a fully manual process, however.

Comment

Do you mean that we will have to manually type all the settings from one system into the other. There is no way to export/import or merge the databases?

Thanks

Comment

No, I mean you could merge the data in the database, but that merge will need to be controlled by hand. This is a relational database: you MUST maintain foreign keys. Since some of the records in db2 will have the same unique IDs as the records in db1, they would need to be remapped.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Are you aware of any documentation on how to do this?

Comment

I know of no documented process. It would probably be something you'll have to have done by ShoreTel or by a software developer familiar with MySQL. Each table has its own set of constraints. Some must be merged and some must not be. Many reference other tables and it is possible that not all these references have a proper foreign key configured, though most do. This is why it is a manual process: You need o understand how the database works in order to make a proper conversion.

Comment

Thanks. Is this something your company could/would do? Our local Shoretel dealer is not a lot of help.

Comment

Yes, we can do this for you. How much work it will be depends on several factors:

* Are there any duplicate extensions?
                * Do you need CDR data as well, or just the config?
                * Approximately how many users are on each system?
                * Are they the same ShoreTel version? What version?

We normally work through your ShoreTel partner. Can you have your partner call us at 330-335-7271 or PM us your partner's contact info? Either Bryon or Tim will work out the details with them and then get in touch with you to discuss how to proceed.

Comment

Working...
                X