Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XenApp 4.5 and Call Manager 9

We have thin clients and use Citrix XenApp 4.5 on our Windows 2003 servers. We are looking to upgrade from ShoreTel 7 to 9, but I heard that ShoreTel Call Manager 8 had a larger footprint and possibly more tied up CPU resources. I am interested in keeping up with the newer versions, but not at the cost of slowing down the servers. Is anyone running ST 9 with XenApp 4.5? If so, what has your experience been like?

I am in the same position. I am running 8.1 on XenApp 4.5 and would like to move to 9.1. I don't have experience with version 7 there, so I have no frame of reference. I can tell you that CPU utilization isn't an issue for us, though memory consumption is - generally, not just specific to ShoreTel. If you send me a private message with your email address attached, I'll send a capture from one of my servers showing Task Manager memory utilization for the PCM clients. We generally run about 20-25 users per server, which isn't much, but any time we get over 25 users memory utilization/paging kills the performance. This has been helped somewhat by installing RTO Tscale on our hardware servers.

-Steve

Comment

We just upgraded this past Friday from 7.5 to 9.1 on Xenapp 4.5. So far as I can tell, there is no significant difference in resources on the Citrix boxes. We have 12 boxes and average about 35 users per box.

Comment

Thanks for the update

we will be working to schedule our upgrade based upon your post...

Comment

Working...
        X