Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure How to Program BCA

I have a group of about four users that I need to answer a incoming call line. I would like the entire group to have the ability to answer any one the incoming calls. I believe that I will be using BCA to get this working, but maybe I am wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Josh

BCA is designed to emulate key systems where you take a call, put it on hold, page someone "Please pick up line X," and this person goes to a phone and presses the BCA button. If you only want the call to be distributed to the four users without needing this, use a hunt group or a workgroup and set it to simultaneous ring.

Comment

You could do it several ways, BCA, hunt group, work group or Monitor extension. Each option has it's pros and cons. For a Bridged call you just set up the extenison that people will be calling as a bridged appearance then add a button(s) to each of the phones that are responsible to answer the calls. Depending on which version you are running there are different options available for the button.

Comment

I am trying to setup this group like the BCA you described. I am having a rough time doing this. I am running 9.1

Comment

So, I have thrown out the idea of using of BCA after further investigation. I am going to be using the Workgroups feature.

I do not have a phone set where I am programing this function from and am wondering if there is a way to login/logout of the group. Is there a option/button on the phone that enables users to do this when they have the feature programed on their phone?

Comment

Agent State can be changed from the options menu.

You can also program buttons on the phone to log in/out. You would need to tie up two buttons because there is no toggle option.

Comment

I believe we have it figured out- Thank you very much for your help.

We will be using Workgroups for our application.

Comment

Working...
              X