Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placing a Workgroup in "meeting mode"

Is it possible to place a workgroup in a "meeting mode" of some sort? Bascially, when a department has a meeting, I would like to be able to place the workgroup in a mode where it directs everyone to voicemail. I would love to be able to have a different announcement that says that there is a meeting right now and to leave a message.

This seems pretty basic, but I can't find the functionality that would do it...or if it is even possible.

Running ShoreTel 8.1

Thanks

Brian

First, setup a Custom Schedule for the date and time of the meeting. Then create an Auto Attendant with the message stating "all agents are in a meeting, leave a message, etc". Set the time out to 1000ms (1s) with the Timeout option to Take a Message for that Workgroup's VM ext.

Go to the Workgroup configs and under Custom CHM, select your Custom schedule and set call forwarding to Always go to the Auto Attendant you just setup.

Custom schedule will route calls to AA stating everyone is in a meeting and will put the call right into the WG voicemail box.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response! The only issue with this would be what would happen for recurring meetings - say every week or two weeks? That means I have to enter the specific date of each meeting? Seems like an oversight on Shoretel's part. Every department in every company has department meetings. To not be able to toggle a workgroup seems odd.

Comment

You could place a hunt group in front of the WorkGroup, and have them use the make busy feature (*18) to switch between normal and make busy mode.

In normal mode, it would route like normal, in make busy mode, you could have it route to another prompt or voicemail box.

Then when they want a meeting, all they have to do is dial *18 + the huntgroup extension ( ie. *18 4321).

I also use this method in front of the autoattendant so users can put it in 'offhours' mode without having to mess with the schedule.. They just have to remember to undo it.
        Last edited by Jason_C; 10-23-2009, 01:45 PM.

Comment

great idea. So, it would be a hunt group of one then, right?

It's a shame that you have to "Rube Goldberg" the system to do something seemingly so simple.

Comment

Or you can use the Work Group supervisor or Operator call manager to toggle CHM of the workgroup on the fly. The queue monitor Window has the ability to show CHM of the work group, the supervisor can use this column in the Call Manager software to toggle the status.

Just make sure you setup the custom prompts before hand

Comment

Thanks Chris, I've never noticed that the Workgroup had CHM options, let alone being able to change it from the Call Manager. This is better then the hunt group method because it can also be done remotely (the hunt group "make busy" method requires you to do it from a Shoretel phone).

Comment

Is the CHM only in the call manager software? I don't see the option in the web interface (director). Also, my client type is operator and I don't see the workgroup queue. I'm not sure how to add it so I can see it. In fact, I really don't see any difference between operator and personal? Am I missing something? I have verified that my extension has client type configured to operator.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlees View Post
                  Is the CHM only in the call manager software? I don't see the option in the web interface (director). Also, my client type is operator and I don't see the workgroup queue. I'm not sure how to add it so I can see it. In fact, I really don't see any difference between operator and personal? Am I missing something? I have verified that my extension has client type configured to operator.
                  That is correct. Its only in the call manager client, not director.

Are you a member of the workgroup? If so "workgroup" should be an option like file, dial, call, etc. From there go to queue monitor.

Comment

Or... you could change the CHM by logging into the WG Vmail box...
                    Just as easy as changing your own CHM...

Comment

Yeah, we change the workgroups to custom for meetings as well and it works like a chram. The beauty is that whoever the supervisor of the workgroup is can change it whenever they want.

Comment

What happens when all agents 'log-out' during open hours? Is your Work Group on a schedule? Is it different during on-hours vs off- hours? It could be that easy as well...just have them log-out. Set-up a schedule to go to voicemail(or where ever you would like it to go) during on-hours, when all agents are logged off, calls will follow that treatment.
                        Last edited by 59Deano; 10-29-2009, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X