Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call Manager Importing Contacts from other applications

I am new to these forums as well as Shoretel in general, so please forgive me if I posted in the wrong area. I have also searched the forums for an answer to my question but came up with nothing, so again, please forgive me if there is a solution posted or a thread already dedicated to this issue.

My issue involves trying to Import contacts from a csv file into the Call Manager views. We are running Call Manger Pro.
    Shoretel 9
    Shore Tel Professional Call Manger Build 14.21.4905.0

Per the Call Manger user guide:
    Call Manager supports the import of data records from CSV or XML files for display in the Directory Viewer. The CSV and XML files contain lists of contacts and are formatted specifically for integration with Call Manager.
    The CSV and XML files are not modified by the import process, nor are the contacts permanently added to the user’s Call Manager database.
    Call Manager caches CSV or XML file contents at start-up and after each file change. The data is available in the Directory Viewer, Contacts Viewer, and QuickDialer.

I have followed the instructions as far as editing the registry:
    Call Manager reads data files located in a directory specified by the following registry key:
    Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Shoreline Teleworks\ShoreWare Client
    Key: ContactImportLocation.

I have also placed a csv file in the path as instructed:
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\ ShoreWare Client\Contacts
    I have also played with the formatting of the csv file to no avail. Call manager will not see the csv file.

I have successfully imported a file manually into the Directory view, but my goal is to be able to import a list of groups with users in the groups into the contacts view of over a hundred users. So far, adding users manually seems to be the only solution.

I will be happy to clarify or provide further information if requested.

On a slightly related note:
    Is it possible (and if not, feature idea!) to have PCM import from a SQL database?

Comment

Call Manager Manual Contact Import

1. Build CSV file for contacts to import (based off of the template attached)
      2. Create a "Contacts" folder in the following path:
      (For XP) C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Shoreware Client
      (For Vista) C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\ShoreWare Client

3. Copy CSV file to "Contacts" directory
      4. Copy "Contact Import Path" file to PC
      5. Double click on "Contact Import Path" (this will import path to registry)
      6. Relaunch Call Manager
      Attached Files

Comment

Hope this helps

Make sure you are include the Field Names as shown in the sample file or it will not work. You also only need to include the fields you want to populate. I have put the file in a folder on a public drive so everyone can access the same file and I only have to update one file.
        Below is a sample of the file I am using, hope it helps

Contact ID,Last name,Home Phone,Mobile Phone
        13391,A & D PORK,(000)000-0000,(000)000-0000
        14213,A & D TRUCKING,(000)000-0000,(000)000-0000
        12511,A G O FARMS LLC,(000)000-0000,()-

Comment

Call manager import

Using the template, the file did import into the directory view. I must have had a formatting issue with the csv file. My goal is to get the file to show up in the contacts view in the form of groups with users in each group. Any idea why it's not?

According to the manual:
          Call Manager supports the import of data records from CSV or XML files for display in the Directory Viewer. The CSV and XML files contain lists of contacts and are formatted specifically for integration with Call Manager.
          The CSV and XML files are not modified by the import process, nor are the contacts permanently added to the userís Call Manager database.
          Call Manager caches CSV or XML file contents at start-up and after each file change. The data is available in the Directory Viewer, Contacts Viewer, and QuickDialer.

Comment

I have successfully import the contacts list with a combination of posts 3 and 4, so that is good. My question is there a way to get them to automatically be added to the contact viewer window at a local level? See attached screen shot.
            Attached Files

Comment

Import to Contacts in PCM

I have a customer who has this exact scenario, we need to import a set of extensions / users into EVERY users PCM. We can add users to contacts manually but that would be very time consuming!!!

Anybody else figure this one out yet???

Comment

I was able to get this working as well by placing the csv on a shared folder. Also here is the .adm template I used to propagate the registry settings out to everyone based upon the first post. Be sure to right-click on the Administrative Templates folder after importing this .adm and choose View>Filter... then uncheck "Only show policy settings that can be fully managed" in order to change the setting to point it to the shared folder.

CLASS USER
                CATEGORY !!Cat_ShoreTelClient
                POLICY !!Pol_ContactsFileLocation
                KEYNAME "Software\Shoreline Teleworks\ShoreWare Client"
                EXPLAIN !!Explain_ShoreTelContacts

PART !!Part_ShoreTelContactsFileLocation EDITTEXT
                VALUENAME "ContactImportLocation"
                END PART
                END POLICY ; ContactsFileLocation
                END CATEGORY ; ShoreTelClient

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[strings]
                Cat_ShoreTelClient=ShoreTel Communicator Client
                Pol_ContactsFileLocation=Contacts File Location
                Part_ShoreTelContactsFileLocation=ShoreTel Contacts File Location

Explain_ShoreTelContacts="Setting for where to synchronize ShoreTel Communicator contacts for the directory."

Comment

Working...
                X