X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing System Directory

1st post - woo hoo!

Version: ST 9.0

I have searched to see if this has already been addressed, but not completely.
    What my Operators have asked for is a way to group the System Directory entries by Company & Department ... which of course is Blank.
    Has anyone ever tested adding these 2 fields to the 'systemdirectory' table in MySQL to see how badly it breaks ??

Alternately, is there a way to manually edit entries from within CallManager, by selecting 'View Directory Item Detail'?

Robbie

It seems quite hard to break ShoreTel by tweaking its database, though you should always have a backup, of course.

You can safely put values in these fields. Changes will not take effect unless you restart some of ShoreTel's services or wait overnight for the nightly maintenance.

Comment

additional question

we do not have a table called systemdirectory.......sorry we are new at this.........i hope it is not a dumb question.

We also would like to add a department/company to the corporate address book.

Comment

UPDATE:
        I was mistaken in my original post...the SystemDirectory object in MySQL is in fact a View, not a table.
        However, I have found that if you edit the Table called 'TabAddresses' & restart the ShoreTel services, the changes will show up in the SystemDirectory view (and by extension, the CallManager).

WARNING - the characters used in fields like ComanyName and DepartmentName need to be non-MySQL reserved ... like don't use semicolons, ampersands, etc. otherwise the views will freak out!!!
        Robbie

Comment

MySQL Restart?

Happy Friday Everyone! Bringing this post back to life - sorry

To effect the changes to the tables in the database(s), normally a full server reboot works. HOWEVER, is there any reason why a MySQL Restart won't achieve the same result?
          What will happen to call flow & voicemail during a MySQL restart?

Thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by robbied111 View Post
            UPDATE:
            I was mistaken in my original post...the SystemDirectory object in MySQL is in fact a View, not a table.
            However, I have found that if you edit the Table called 'TabAddresses' & restart the ShoreTel services, the changes will show up in the SystemDirectory view (and by extension, the CallManager).

WARNING - the characters used in fields like ComanyName and DepartmentName need to be non-MySQL reserved ... like don't use semicolons, ampersands, etc. otherwise the views will freak out!!!
            Robbie
            Thanks a mil robbied111, an old post but just saved my bacon as I had uploaded 2,500 contacts to the wrong system.
            Many thanks again
            Rob

Comment

Working...
            X