Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymous vs Available

What is the difference between Anonymous and Available? This is what you are provided on the phone when it first boots up. I was able to assign an extension via the "Anonymous" phone just as I would with a phone showing "Available".

Anyone know the difference?

'Available' is an IP Phone that is not assigned to anyone

'Anonymous' is an IP Phone that has a user assigned to it but they are logged in elsewhere. That user may be on External Assignment or is logged into another IP Phone on the system.

Comment

Thanks Dr. Klahn. It's kind of strange that users are still assigned to any of the phones I was troubleshooting since they've been out of use for a good while with plenty of dust on them!

Comment

Go to the "Individual IP Phones" page in Director. From here you can see the IP phone each user is Currently using vs. the IP phone they were originally assigned to ('Home' phone).

Comment

is there a way to make an "available phone" show anonymous?

Comment

Unassign the user from the phone, changing them to "Any IP Phone".

Comment

an anonymous phone has a class of service and can be allowed outbound dialing, while unassigned phones can only dial internally. The unassigned phone can be changed to anonymous by going to the anonymous page under USERS and add the MAC of that phone to the anonymous list.

Comment

Sorry beg to differ regarding Unassigned Phones also have a User Group IP Phones by default which also can only dial internally or Emergency. (IP Phone Options)

If you want to have your Users not assigned to a phone you have to assign them to softswitch. Because if you set them to Any Phone the first phone they assign themselves will become their Home or Primary Phone.

Anonymous Telephones however can not become a User's Home or Primary Phone even if its the first phone a User assigns to when set to Any Phone

Comment

Working...
                X