Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office Anywhere & star codes

Anyone have problems with doing extension transfers using the star codes assuming a call is sent to a mobile device using Office Anywhere? Specifically, we use AT&T for our cell phones (mostly Windows Mobile 6) but may see a few iPhones in the future.

We're evaluating ShoreTel and one of the big features we want is the ability to transfer a call to an internal extension. I was told that iPhones are a problem because it won't do a hook flash (or something like that). Not sure if it's an AT&T thing or an iPhone issue. Any insight would be helpful!

I can tell you that (on 7.5) it works for us just fine on our iPhones, but based on your provider/phone your results may vary. For example, my T-Mobile flip phone (3 years old) isn't able to grab dial tone from the ShoreTel.

Comment

I also use Office Anywhere with my iPhone - and it works just fine. We are on 8.1. We have many users that use Office Anywhere and Find Me - Windows Mobile, Blackberry, iPhone, and a variety of non-PDA phones. We haven't found a device yet that doesn't work with these two features.

Comment

We have never been able to use the Office Anywhere codes on an external assignment call. Windows Mobile 6.1/6.5/iPhone 3Gs...nothing. external assignment works fine, but the device is then unable to manage the call from the pbx. Can't use the ** codes and any subsequent calls that come into the DID then route out to the wireless phone but aren't able to answer the call.

Comment

We have a number of users on almost every platform except the actual IPhones. All of them work fine including the star codes. I have heard of the hook flash issue on IPhones, if it is true then it is specific to the IPhone and not AT&T.

Comment

what happens wehn you're on your 1st office anywhere call, and get a second office anywhere call?

Comment

After further testing, the star codes do not work fine. Getting the first call works great, but the star codes do not.

Comment

Working...
              X