No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• benchtoplabs
    replied
    Just to correct the earlier post from back in 2010... NOT A NULL MODEM CABLE.. Absolutely must be straight-through.. If you still have problems, go buy a new cable from Radio Shack, etc..

Leave a comment:

• jerryp
    replied
    having the same issue as mmaynard...anyone have any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• BobbyDigital
    replied
    OK, that part is correct.

Leave a comment:

• mmaynard
    replied
    19200 bps, 8 data bits, no parity, one stop bit, no handshake.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyDigital
    replied
    What baud rate are you using?

Leave a comment:

• mmaynard
    replied
    Originally posted by chris104 View Post
    from HyperTeminal do the following:

Go to File, properties, settings, ascii setup, check box "Send line ends...." and "Echo typed characters locally".
    Having the same issue here with the keyboard input not responding, regardless if I try to connect via serial to serial with a PC or serial to USB with my laptop, I tried this tip from chris104 and it did partially fix the issue where the keyboard input is now responding but the device itself is not taking it, I tried Option 1 through 4 of the shoregear-120 menu and it just hangs there. I'm also having the exact same issue with my Shoretel-T1 switch.

Our service provider will be coming over the office to see what the issue is with those devices, will keep you informed.

Leave a comment:

• tomh60
    replied
    it should be a null modem cable 2-3, 3-2 5-5

Leave a comment:

• ShoreTel_Dave
    replied
    Besides the possibility of a crappy USB to Serial adapter, I have found whenever I have had problems it has always been the cable with the problem.
    There's a pinout in the installation and planning guide and also the maintenance guide. If you can get hold of the version 7.5 or 8.1 guide they are definitely in there, the 9 and 10 guides seem to refer to pages that no longer exist.

Leave a comment:

• bttw
    replied
    I hate to rehash bad memories, but I'm having the exact same issue.

19200 8-N-1, and have tried everything suggested but still get a blank console window. The connection is from an IBM x3650 serial interface to the SG30 console interface.

Any other suggestions would be great! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• 400degreez
    replied
    I think someone asked already, did you make sure your datarate was 19.2?

Leave a comment:

• chris104
    replied
    serial connection keyboard input not responding

from HyperTeminal do the following:

Go to File, properties, settings, ascii setup, check box "Send line ends...." and "Echo typed characters locally".

Leave a comment:

• tgarren
    replied
    looks like you need to make sure you are using a straight thru DB9 serial cable. I was using a black one we had around the office and it appearantly wasnt pinned right. a trip to radio shack fixed the problem

Leave a comment:

• ShoreTel_Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by tgarren View Post
    i am running mine serial to serial not serial to usb and i am still having this problem.
    I take it you have proved the serial cable works elsewhere?
    One of the legs might have become detatched inside the plug.
    The pinout of the Serial port is documented in the Planning and Installation guide, could be worth checking this is correct with a multimeter if possible.

Leave a comment:

• tgarren
    replied
    i am running mine serial to serial not serial to usb and i am still having this problem.

Leave a comment:

• Craig
    replied
    Yes, I can confirm my esteemed colleague is correct.

The USB drivers for the USB/Serial cable needs to be correct else nothing will work.

Best option for the engineers is to insist on a Serial Port on the Laptop next time they are given an new machine.

Craig

ps: The cable is still on the roof.!!!!!!!!:clown:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X