Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caller ID w/ AT&T is unkown

Anyone know why outbound caller ID comes up as unkown on AT&T cell phones and land lines? It seems to be fine with any other carrier, but it just won't show up on AT&T. It seems to come through fine when ShoreTel isn't transmitting anything i.e. when user's caller ID is removed, DID is removed, CESID on switch is removed and CESID of the site is removed. I'd like to transmit our main number as everyone's caller ID (which works just fine when ShoreTel isn't sending anything), but still use DIDs. As soon as I enable users' DIDs (ShoreTel transmitting the DID), we get no more caller ID for each respective user(again only with AT&T phones, other carriers are fine). Anyone have any suggestions? We're on 8.1
    Last edited by mattyass; 09-09-2009, 03:17 PM.

I had the same problem!!

We had the same problem I looked at

http://www.shoretelforums.com/forums/administrators/828-caller-id-issue-fixed.html

We had to add ;2E to a custom field and that fixed our problem.

Comment

Wow! Good thing I've been sitting here, beating myself up for months trying to figure that out and it takes all of an hour to get a response on here and 2 minutes to make the change. Thanks man!

Comment

One more thing - how come the DID still gets sent even with "Send Caller ID as Caller's Emergency Service Identification (CESID)" checked under the user's group? Anybody know?

Comment

if I am Reading this correct the DID should be sent if checked. if unchecked it won't send the DID it will send the CID in the IP phone map.. I have to test but that is what I think it does.
          Last edited by stephen_sci; 09-09-2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

As I understood it, the DID wouldn't get sent if that option is checked. We want our main number to be sent out from everyone, but also want to be able to give out DIDs selectively. I thought we could just define our CESID and check that option in the user group, but it still seems to send the DID, which I thought would be overridden by that option.

Its no big deal, but manually inputting every single user's caller ID as the same thing is kind of a pain. It seemed like that option would send out our main number... no?

Comment

CESID can be set at the Site Level, Switch Level, and IP Phone Address Map level (and possibly others). You'll need to check the docs to see what takes precedence over what.

We have our CESID set at the Site level and the two checkboxes on the User Groups are UnChecked. This always sends the main site number for each site as the CESID.

Comment

And you're still using DIDs?

Comment

Yes, we are still using DID's. So, if I dial my cell phone, or any other number from my desk phone, the CallerID sent out is my specific DID number, but if I dial 911, the callerid sent to 911 is our main phone number for this site.

Comment

Working...
                  X