Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warehouse bell and shoretel phone

In our warehouse we are installing a new bell which has the ability to be connected to our shoretel phones. We would like whenever our shoreltel phone rings that the bell in our warehouse. I am wondering if anyone knows the proper settings for this to be configured or just mainly how to configure this on
    our phones

Thanks

How are you connecting the bell to ShoreTel?

Comment

You could try looking at using the night bell. If you creating an extension and forward always to the night bell and the add the new extension and the warehouse phone in a huntgroup together. But then you run into the issue with having to call the huntgroup in order to ring the bell and extension. You would have to connect your bell to the port on the front of the switch. You won't need the night bell if your bell can be setup as an analog device.
      Just an idea to look at.

Comment

We typically setup the bell as an analog extension, put that extension in a hunt group with whatever extensions should ring when that nightbell rings

Comment

Besides the Hunt group option there are few other ways to accomplished this. First, make the bell the actual number being called and then use a Monitor extension button on the warehouse phone. In a second instance we used a Workgroup in place of a Hunt group, set up a dummy number with external assignement set up to the number of the bell. Then log the bell and the other phones into that workgroup. We didn't give any of the users an agent PCM so they can not accidently log themselves out. Being a Workgroup instead of a Hunt group also provides them a voicemail box.

Comment

Originally posted by jmccumber View Post
            Besides the Hunt group option there are few other ways to accomplished this. First, make the bell the actual number being called and then use a Monitor extension button on the warehouse phone. In a second instance we used a Workgroup in place of a Hunt group, set up a dummy number with external assignement set up to the number of the bell. Then log the bell and the other phones into that workgroup. We didn't give any of the users an agent PCM so they can not accidently log themselves out. Being a Workgroup instead of a Hunt group also provides them a voicemail box.
            Interesting approach.

I use the the Hunt Group approach with a twist two.

I created the HG as listed above but I then created an auto attendant that was programmed with a 0ms timeout and then the T.O destination was set to take a message on the actual phone in the HG (don't forget the small wave file of silence in the AA). This method allows the light the light on the phone when a new VM message was waiting. Oh, you have to put the AA ext. in the no answer field of the HG. Easy VM for a HG!

I even have had places where they wanted to use the AA functionality to allow the caller the option to get back to the operator as well as numerous other options.

Hope this is helpful!

Comment

Working...
            X