Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOH.... again

ok, here is the scenario... I have 7 sites currently using shoretel. At one of the sites there is no music on hold currently. That site has 2 60/12 switches. I have enough capacity to move everyone to one switch.... so, we are going to lease some extra space to a company. If I move all of my people at that site to one of the 60/12 switches and only have the leased people on the second switch, if I check that switch for a music on hold source, will it only work for those folks on that switch, or would I be injecting their music on hold into my environment as well? Also, anyone know of a way to disable the computer ethernet jack on th back of a shoretel phone?

The MOH switch is at the same site as the trunk used. There can be only 1 MOH source per site.

Comment

right, at thatsite, there is no music on hold currently.

Comment

So in other words, it does not depend on where the users are located, just where the trunks are located. Anyone who makes a call out a trunk at that site will get the MOH.

Comment

but there are no trunks at that site, they use a t1 at another site for all calls

Comment

Then the MOH that is used will be from the other site. Setting MOH at your leased site will do nothing.

Comment

ok, thanks... that is what I was afraid of... I don't want them getting our MOH, but it sounds like there is choice?

Comment

Yes, you're stuck with a single source of MOH.

Comment

Working...
                X