Welcome to

Welcome to!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
See more
See less
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Directory

    There is an extension in the System Directory that I can't make go away on the phone. The extension was listed in the Director, I deleted it, but it is still showing up on the phone. I went ahead and rebooted the phone, rebooted the server, it is still there on the phone but not in the Director. I can create new System Directory items and they show up on the right away. I can delete them and they are removed from the phone right away. Any suggests as to what I can do to get this off of the phones?


  • #2
    I don't see why this would not update automatically, but have you tried rebooting the switch? I believe these are cached on the switch.


    • #3
      Since the Directory on the phone does not show the actual extension number, is it possible that you had something else configured with that same directory name? A Route Point, Auto-Attendant, Hunt Group, Workgroup, or Another user, or even a system directory entry could show up there.

      What happens when you select the directory entry on the phone and press the "Dial" softkey?



      • #4
        I did try and reboot the switch the phone is attached to. That didn't do anything so I rebooted all 18 of them, still no change. I ended up opening a case with ShoreTel. They have the database and should be working on a fix.


        • #5
          Okay, this sounds goofy, but worked for me...

          Create a new user with same name/extension/settings as the one you deleted.
          Set all switches to reboot when idle.

          When that's done, CHANGE The name of the user, save, then click on 'go to system directory' - bottom of the general page.

          verify that the name is the new name.

          Go to a phone, look up in that directory the users name. If it changed, you're golden...
          change the extension number, change the user name, whatever. Then delete that user.

          Sometimes, funny things work... even when they're not funny.