Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System only allowing 1 softphone at a time.

Been all over the forums trying to find anyone else with the same problem. Her is the issue.

We have several employees working from home offices. Each employee will PCM and will use the softphone. When the first user launches PCM the softphone connects and works fine, but when the second trys it, they get "anyphone to softphone timed out". If the first user shuts down, the second will work, but the first will not work again until the second drops out. We have looked and we are licensed for 22 PCM with softphone, and all users are in the same group. Any ideas as to what we are missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please change the softphone endpoint name in Call Manager Options. It is based on MAC address and many VPN clients use the same MAC address for all their adapters.

Comment

I assume I have to change that in the registry

Comment

Tried it, still having the same problem, any other ideas

Comment

Ah yes, I thought you could do it through PCM, but it is read-only. You will indeed have to do it through the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EyeP Media\Mgcp\EndPointName

Comment

Did you restart PCM completely after the change? Did you try restarting the computer?

Comment

Yes, but still softphone times out.

Comment

Have you confirmed that after you make the change Call Manager is not replacing the endpoint name with the duplicate name? It should not, but good to check.

From the machine that times out: How about connectivity? Does the rest of call manager work? Can you ping the ShoreTel server?

Comment

I am VPN`d into the system from a remote location, I can ping both the shoretel server and switch. If the other user whom is currently logged in disconnects this one will work.

Comment

I found this,

http://www.shoretelforums.com/forums...-engaging.html

will give this a try.

Comment

See if this helps....

Ken
                      Attached Files

Comment

Think we found it, seems the MAC we see in shortel is the mac of the VPN itself. Just need to figure out how to fix.
                        Last edited by flatlinerqz; 08-13-2009, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Little more detail, tried coming in through completely different VPN box with different mac, Shortel still shows the same mac as previously, did not update to the new mac. Any ideas?

Comment

ok, did some rebooting and now it shows a different MAC. But the problem still exists. Everything I am reading on this says the symptoms should be that if one user is online and another tries to come up, the original user gets bumped. Thats not what is happening, if one user is online, the second times out trying to switch to softphone.

Comment

This issue was resolved, turned out there were not enough ip resources on the shore gear 90. Was unaware that each analog line used 5 ip resources. We eliminated 1 of the analogs lines not being used and removed a few extraneous users. We then had enough to get the softphone users up and running.

Comment

Working...
                              X