No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduling and users that access them

Hi all.

I'm still fairly new to this Shortel stuff, so bear with me.

At my company, we have the need to change the schedules at any time. Therefore we have several people with access to the Shoreware director. Our concern is that we don't want these people to accidentally or intentional make any changes to anything else. Is there a way to limit them to changing only the scheduling of is there a plugin that can be used that only accesses the director scheduling aspect?

And/Or, is there a way to monitor what changes were made & by whom?

TIA! (as always)

You can limit access to some extent via System Parameters->Administrative Permissions. If this is not sufficient (which it looks like it won't be), all actions are also logged to the Director log file under ShoreLine Data\Logs.

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
      You can limit access to some extent via System Parameters->Administrative Permissions. If this is not sufficient (which it looks like it won't be), all actions are also logged to the Director log file under ShoreLine Data\Logs.
      Where is that function? Stand alone app or within Shoreware director?

Comment

Look in the menu on the left of ShoreWare Director.

Comment

Your not alone. We also have this need and I do not want to be giving people access to more of the system. Hope we get a solution sometime soon as currently I have to make all the schedule changes myself every week. What a pain!

Comment

Well, that's basically the issue we're having. Someone set the weekend schedule to match the weekday schedule thus causing all calls to not be routed to our answering service.

Of course of the 5 people with this access (myself included) no one is admitting to doing this. Including the Shoretel vendor who was in there earlier that week. Though I can't imagine him making that kind of mistake. Even so, one would have to populate the days & then make the effort to click save. It's not like you populate it & navigate away, it won't save that way.

Palitto, I looked over on the left side, all I see is under maintenance, Event log and under that system and application, nothing called ShoreLine Data\Logs. I'm running build 13.23.6910.0 if that matters.

I was hoping that there was a plug-in for just accessing schedules so that someone could run it from their workstation & leave it at that.
            Last edited by Ursan; 11-30-2010, 06:38 AM.

Comment

System Parameters->Administrative Permissions is in ShoreWare Director.
              ShoreLine Data\Logs is a folder on the ShoreTel server. The exact location is chosen during install, usually on the root of the C drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
                System Parameters->Administrative Permissions is in ShoreWare Director.
                ShoreLine Data\Logs is a folder on the ShoreTel server. The exact location is chosen during install, usually on the root of the C drive.
                Okay, got that. That's quite a lot to go through & not a very simple format to read. I was looking through the windows event logs initially & this is basically the same information.

Is there an email function that will email an alert when someone connects to the director? I've got event filters setup to email me (under maintenance) but I'm not certain that is what I'm looking for.

Comment

I have not worked much with the email alerting, but perhaps someone else could tell you what you need to know for this.

I agree with having better access controls. Unfortunately I do not think that anyone has made such an interface. It certainly is doable, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumcrazy09 View Post
                    Your not alone. We also have this need and I do not want to be giving people access to more of the system. Hope we get a solution sometime soon as currently I have to make all the schedule changes myself every week. What a pain!
                    Has anyone heard if Shoretel is working on some what for an individual to manage the company schedules without having to log into the director?

Comment

Hello Ursan,

If you are truly interested in an independent management interface, give me a call at 330-335-7271 or e-mail at [email protected]. We can do this.

Sincerely,
                      Bryon

Comment

Working...
                      X