Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't enter credit card # on phone?

If I try to enter a long string of digits like a credit card # on my phone, it does not work. Anyone know why this is happening? Is it something I can change using shoreware director?

What kind of trunks do you have? The usual cause for this is interference on the phone line.

Comment

I've also seen this on carriers that are delivering services vip IP (SIP) and then converting to TDM on the customer prem to hand off a PRI. Most often the carriers deploy with a Cisco gateway. In every instances, modifying some values on the Cisco resolved the DTMF problem.

As mentioned earlier, it could also be analog trunks if you have POTS lines.

Comment

As a test, turn up the gain on the T1 a little bit. I have seen this work.

Comment

I had an issue where the auto attendant would not work on a PBX when we pushed the correct prompt number. As stated in another response turning up the gain may work. Under switches in ShoreWare Director click on either your local or long distance PRI. Under TX Gain change it to a 3 and see if the tone recognizes when entering credit card number.

Comment

We are currently switching our services from Paetec to Qwest so I will make sure it was not a Paetec issue once our switch over is complete.

Comment

Working...
            X