Welcome to

Welcome to!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
See more
See less
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slow reports

    Customer complains that reports come up slow, about 3-4 minutes, doesn't matter which report, this is through director ie, 8.1 Build 13.24.5910.0 server has 2 gig mem with dual core processor seems not to be server performance, maybe comact and repair database. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

  • #2
    I would recommend you download Process Monitor from Microsoft and take a look at the performance. What is spiking? CPU, memory, or disk usage? Note that if it is CPU bound, the CPU usage will only be 50%. This is because the query is single-threaded and thus cannot run on more than one core, leaving the other idle.


    • #3
      OK thaks, I'll look at that, shoretel had me reduce the archive retention to 1 day, that didn't help much, they are trying to get someone who knows the database enough to look it over by escalating my ticket. They also said that workgroup reports take the longest to pull. But that doesn't garuntee they will be able to improve it. I found in documentation that it can take up to 10 minutes to pull up.


      • #4
        It can take far longer than that. One person we are helping had WG reports take tens of hours for a single day. ShoreTel's reports are rather slow...


        • #5
          Don' know if you are still dealing with this. We had the same problem and nobody knew how to fix it. During some regular maintenance we compacted the database and ran a defrag on the HQ server. All of a sudden the reports started running within a bout 30 seconds. Hope this helps.


          • #6
            Same here. Compacted and defragged, was amazing how much faster reports came up. Try without any workgroup extensions in search, just enter dates and run report. Report will show all workgroups, but runs much quicker if it doesn't have to filter. Over forty workgroups here, about 90,000 calls, and summary report for whole month only takes about five minutes.