Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change name of call handling mode?

Can I change the name of "Custom" to be something else? I know I can add notes, but you have to hover over it to see that. I'd like to change the name "Custom" to "Lunch" or whatever.

Can that happen in a registry setting or elsewhere?

Thanks!

I second that!...I would love to be able to customize all of them...

Comment

If you are using Call Manager you can add a button to the toolbar to work as the Custom button but label it Lunch or whatever you want to call it.

Comment

It needs to be system wide though.

Comment

The only way to make it system-wide will be to modify every single install of call manager. The string is stored as a localizable resource. You could try changing it either by hex editing the file containing the string or by deploying a new DLL containing a localized version of the resources.

Comment

What file is it exactly? I'm ok with the hex edit method if that works.

Comment

PCMUtils.dll for everything but the dropdown menu on the toolbar. PCM.dll for the dropdown.

Comment

What does csiscfg.dll do?

I'll give it a shot on a fresh install on a test PC and let you know what happens.

Thank you for your attention

Comment

Ok, I don't have a PMC.dll at all. I searched every other "PCM" file in hex and no listing of the word "Meeting" anywhere else other than PCMUtils.dll.

I changed every instance of the word "Meeting" to "MeetinG" just for test purposes in the PCMUtils.dll and it stayed as "Meeting" everywhere with no change.

Any other hints?

Comment

Are you on ShoreTel 8 or later? This only applies to ShoreTel 8+, and perhaps only to 8.1, which is what I tested on.

Comment

Build 14.21.4925.0

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have access to that version at this time. Perhaps something has changed. I located the string in the previous version with .NET Reflector.

Comment

Working...
                        X