Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interupt voicemail

Quick question, customer just moved from a Norstar and they are looking for a way to get a call back that has gone to voicemail. Feature 987 on norstar Interupt voicemail.

I am not sure if Barge in would work in this case.
    Anyone had this issue before?

Originally posted by jmitchell View Post
    Quick question, customer just moved from a Norstar and they are looking for a way to get a call back that has gone to voicemail. Feature 987 on norstar Interupt voicemail.

I am not sure if Barge in would work in this case.
    Anyone had this issue before?
    No way to call it back in ST, maybe a good feature request.

Comment

You mean a call has gone to the voicemail box for a particular user and you want to interrupt the voicemail greeting and answer the call? (Missed the call by 1 ring, perhaps?)

This is doable with a custom. I do not believe there is a built-in feature.

Comment

Yes user's must set their no answer rings to 3, company policy, so some people are missing the call. They want to interupt that call while it is playing their greeting or the person is leaving a message in their mailbox.

Could you elaborate on the custom? Meaning increase the number of rings?

Comment

By custom, I mean a custom application written using ShoreTel's SDK. We work with many ShoreTel partners on writing customs to do all manner of unusual things.

This custom would not affect the number of rings. It would be a service which is installed on the VM server or on a secondary TAPI application server (Secondary server is ShoreTel's recommended way). This service would monitor calls going to voice mail. The user would dial a specific extension (or a star code, but I prefer an extension) and the last caller that went to his voice mail would be connected to his phone.

If you want more details or a quote, please contact Bryon Palitto by phone at 330-335-7271 or you may PM or email us.

Comment

Working...
          X