Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Data" calls vs. POTS?

This is not directly related to our Shoretel system, but I can't find any other resources on this. Our system is connected to 18 PRI channels on a T1. One of our vendors recently upgraded their phone system (details unknown), and ever since, calls from our location to theirs ring to an error message. Calls from my mobile phone go through just fine. I called our telco provider, and was told that the vendor's system isn't able to receive "data calls." What does this mean? I thought that our T1 was part of the PSTN just like everyone else. I can use the Shoretel trunk tool to dial directly through a PRI, but I still receive the same error message: "Your call did not go through, please try your call again. 087T".

A PRI is a PRI is a PRI. It doesn't matter what type of system its hooked to. It sounds like you carrier is giving you what I like to call the brush off. That being said it is possible that they have some funny configs out at your vendors location, but that is wholly on the carrier side of things. Its there responsibility to work out the bugs between you guys. All you are doing is handing the call to the CO. At that point they ae doing all the routing.

Comment

see if your telco can verify that recording "087T" is really theirs. and/or, if your vendor changed their LEC, or moved to different trunking, maybe your telco's routing tables weren't updated correctly. (had an experience once where a sister company could receive calls from anywhere outside of their own CLEC, but other customers of that same CLEC couldn't call them. had recently changed trunking, routing tables were incorrect between equipment within the CLEC).

Comment

Something else to check...Not sure of the PBX in question, in Nortel Terms, on the PRI Trunk group/route make sure the 'DSEL' (Data Selection) is set to '3VCE' (3.1 kHz and voice) and not 'VOD' (Voice or Data)? This would apply the the far end system as well as yours?
        Last edited by 59Deano; 07-02-2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I would definately look at the system that was upgraded. The only thing that has changed is the upgrade of the system you can't reach. Maybe upgrading defaulted some setting in their system. Have them go back and look at their config.

Comment

Working...
          X