Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workgroups (Include Route-Points?)

Is there a way to include a Route Point in a Workgroup?

My reason...
    The company that monitors our alarm doesn't "like" to have a rotating schedule for calling us, instead having just a static order. I would like to give them a primary number of a Workgroup that I can set up round-robin style. I would then have it set to try two people before timing out to a VM.

Problem is, some of these people have no need for a ShoreTel phone, so instead of wasting a license on them just to forward to their cell, I'd like to use a RP.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Gymratz View Post
    Is there a way to include a Route Point in a Workgroup?

My reason...
    The company that monitors our alarm doesn't "like" to have a rotating schedule for calling us, instead having just a static order. I would like to give them a primary number of a Workgroup that I can set up round-robin style. I would then have it set to try two people before timing out to a VM.

Problem is, some of these people have no need for a ShoreTel phone, so instead of wasting a license on them just to forward to their cell, I'd like to use a RP.

Thoughts?
    Only time I have used route points is for ECC (Call Center) ... I know our developer used a route point when he was working some apps via sdk , out of the box it does not sound like you going to get want you want but if you are a developer and can work with the ShoreTel SDK perhaps ?

Dave

Comment

Extension-only users are by far your best bet. Anything else may sound cheaper but will wind up being more expensive and/or more trouble to maintain.

Comment

If you're just concerned about burning two WG licenses, you can configure the two users as "Extension and Mailbox", but you don't HAVE to configure them as a "Workgroup Agent", so you can save those licenses. Without the Workgroup Agent license, they just won't be able to login/logout themselves. You'll have to do it with Director.

However, with this setup, you'll have to use External Assignment (Office Anywhere) to push the calls to their cell phones because Workgroups ignore Call Forwarding settings. Also with this setup, they could use Voicemail to turn on/off External assignment, and they could use the web client to also change the external assignment number if need be.

Another possible non-workgroup option...Since you have only two cell phones, you could just setup a single "Extension and Mailbox" user with Auto-Find Me and put the two cell phones in there. It wouldn't be Round Robin though.

Gary

Comment

There are two people without shoretel extensions, another 5 that do have shoretel - and a lot of us 5 (me included...) don't set my phone to forward to cell when I leave - if it's important they can call my cell!

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Working...
          X