No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Data from One Box to Another ShoreTel 8.x

We will be moving our Director from one box to another , running 8.x

We will move the Shoreware data directory "first" to the new box , then use a MySQL batch command to backup the MySQL Data on the prior box and then install 8.x on the new box and restore the MySQL data to the new box...

Any gotcha's on this process - any tips or heads up would be great just to be sure...

Thanks!

Note that the MySQL database is stored in the Shoreline Data folder by default. (?) You may want to make sure this is not copied over. Alternatively, you could just stop all the services including MySQL, then copy the whole folder over and forget the database dump. I have never tried this.

Comment

I also would like to know thoughts/processes of moving to a new shoreware director server.

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
        Note that the MySQL database is stored in the Shoreline Data folder by default. (?) You may want to make sure this is not copied over. Alternatively, you could just stop all the services including MySQL, then copy the whole folder over and forget the database dump. I have never tried this.
        Thanks for your comments - ummmm , interesting - If the SQL data file is copied over I too wonder if when the install of 8.1 on the new box with the moved data would populate the MySQL Tables?

I will be on the safe side and use MySQLDump tool to grab the tables anyway but good question.

YES, Tricks / Tips / Observations on moving 8.x data over to a new server is welcome :alucard:

Comment

I had an issue where the RAID card failed in the SERVER, and I performed an image backup of the drive and moved the drive to another motherboard. All is well, there were some adjustments needed but saved alot of time in the process. RAID isnt the greatest in terms of keeping your data.....

Comment

If you run the backup command that ShoreTel provides it will stop all services and backup the shoreline data folder and it will also backup the Inetpub directory which has the ftproot and mailroot. The db dump just grabs the db, try the backup command.

Once you get that just move it over to the new server. A couple of things to make the switch easier is to keep the same IP of the server and the name of the server.

Comment

Originally posted by southeasternMI View Post
              If you run the backup command that ShoreTel provides it will stop all services and backup the shoreline data folder and it will also backup the Inetpub directory which has the ftproot and mailroot. The db dump just grabs the db, try the backup command.

Once you get that just move it over to the new server. A couple of things to make the switch easier is to keep the same IP of the server and the name of the server.
              Cool points...

I am moving the server today to a new box - I will reduplicate the name and IP address and I am hopes of just a wire change to the new box tonight

Thanks all for the tips!

Cheers,

-DS

Comment

If you install the ShoreTel on the new server with the NIC disconnected or with a temp IP address on the server you could see a registry key populated with 127.0.0.1 or the temp IP instead of the production LAN IP of the server. Before you go live ensure that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Shoreline Teleworks\HQServerAddress contains the production IP of the ShoreTel Server.

Comment

Working...
                X