Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost TAPI Error on DVM

Over the weekend we upgraded our 3 sites from 7.1 to 8.1. The process called us to first upgrade to 7.5 and then 8.1. The install went fine except for one issue thats yet to be resolved. One of our DVM's is unable to respond to VoiceMail requests because its unavailable (but the VM Service is running). The Shoreware Director is showing Lost Communication with the site elements ( a t-1 switch, a 120/24 and the DVM server) yet the phones do work. When you drill down to the DVM server you get a Lost TAPI error message. I did a search in the forum (and on the web) and do not see a resolution.

thanks so much
    Andrew

Here is a frequent Event Viewer Error from the DMS

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: ShoreWare
    Event Category: DTAS
    Event ID: 3312
    Date: 6/15/2009
    Time: 10:26:01 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: DMS-SiteB
    Description:
    ShoreWare Distributed Telephony Application Service disonnected from Shoreware Telephony Service Provider running on "10.100.103.3 (localhost)". This may be a result of an administrative action, network error or unexpected behavior.

Comment

What version of Windows & SP are you running on the DVM?

Do you reboot the DVM one more time (sometimes lost tapi shows up and requires one additional reboot to clear)?

Comment

Thanks Chris.. We are running the same on each of our DVM's which is Windows 2003 SP2 .. We have restarted so many times.. Trying just about everything.

Comment

Okay. I stumbled on to the fix: Each DVM server had the HQ server listed by IP address except this server we had listed by host name. I changed it to the IP address via registry and restarted. All is well.

Thanks so much

Comment

Working...
          X