No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 and Call Manager

ShoreTel 7

I'm testing Windows 7 RC 64 bit with call manager. It appears to partially work, but we cannot answer or make calls from the call manager. The call shows that it's disconnected from the HQ server, but it can do a few functions such as assign the extension to out an outside number.

I've tried running the application in XP compatibility mode, but no luck.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get call manager working with 7 (or is this just a 64 bit issue?)

Originally posted by arewethereyet View Post
    ShoreTel 7

I'm testing Windows 7 RC 64 bit with call manager. It appears to partially work, but we cannot answer or make calls from the call manager. The call shows that it's disconnected from the HQ server, but it can do a few functions such as assign the extension to out an outside number.

I've tried running the application in XP compatibility mode, but no luck.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get call manager working with 7 (or is this just a 64 bit issue?)
    I have it working in 64 bit windows 7 - make sure you turn off the firewall and make sure you use a usb headset (i have weird issues if i go thru the soundcard)

Comment

I think we are talking about something different. I'm referring to Personal Call Manager. I think you are referring to a softphone.

Comment

I think we are talking about something different. I'm referring to Personal Call Manager. I think you are referring to a softphone.
        Well, I'm running professional call manager and using the softphone, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work without the softphone but with a physical handset...

Comment

That makes sense. I'm going to have a nother guy here try installing it to see what it does. I will report back.

Comment

Also try running the TAPI repair tool that is normally used with Vista. This fixed issues we had with one of our test systems.

Comment

We have had to use ShoreTel Call Manager running in an XP Virtual machine, within Win7 x64. It pretty cool because once you set up the virtual machine, you can start up only the app, so it looks like call manager is running in Win7. Everything works. I even have the virtual app in my Win7 start menu, so it runs at start up.We have done this with several apps that are still not supported in Vista/ Seven or 64-bit.

Comment

Originally posted by croldan72 View Post
                We have had to use ShoreTel Call Manager running in an XP Virtual machine, within Win7 x64. It pretty cool because once you set up the virtual machine, you can start up only the app, so it looks like call manager is running in Win7. Everything works. I even have the virtual app in my Win7 start menu, so it runs at start up.We have done this with several apps that are still not supported in Vista/ Seven or 64-bit.
                This works for call manager, but not for softphone, fortunately you can get both working on 64 bit win 7 natively...

Comment

What version of call manager is working with w7 64 bit? we are running call manager version 7 with no luck.

Comment

What version of call manager is working with w7 64 bit? we are running call manager version 7 with no luck.
                    I'd like to know what version also. We are using the latest build of Win7, running Shoretel 7.5, build 12.15.7800.0. I know that there is a newer build, but we were holding out for 8.1 instead (should be going to that shortly).

Comment

Originally posted by croldan72 View Post
                      I'd like to know what version also. We are using the latest build of Win7, running Shoretel 7.5, build 12.15.7800.0. I know that there is a newer build, but we were holding out for 8.1 instead (should be going to that shortly).
                      Call manager version 14.5.5409.0

What specific issues are you having? I may be able to help.

Comment

Wait, so you all are able to get the Call Manager to run natively in Windows 7 x64? I run through the install, reboot, fire up the Call Manager and it crashes with a "Shoretel.PCM.App has stopped working" error.

Really curious as to what you did to get it working. I've tried running as administrator, XP SP3 compatibility mode and still get the same crash and error message.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          Wait, so you all are able to get the Call Manager to run natively in Windows 7 x64? I run through the install, reboot, fire up the Call Manager and it crashes with a "Shoretel.PCM.App has stopped working" error.

Really curious as to what you did to get it working. I've tried running as administrator, XP SP3 compatibility mode and still get the same crash and error message.
                          Looks like he is running Shoretel version 9, which is probably why it works.
                          Last edited by croldan72; 06-23-2009, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I now have call manager 12.6.2900 (7) working on 32 Bit Windows 7. Had to run the TAPI fix (after closing call manager) to get it to work.

Comment

Ah, makes sense. Was going to install 9 a while back but the bug list scared me. I should check in again with our vendor to see how the latest build is shaping up.

Comment

Working...
                              X